Pattern Reviews> Skinny Bitch Curvy Chick> sb314

Posted on:7/26/14 1:57 PM
Last Updated:7/30/14 7:48 PM
Pattern Size:Petite
Project Photo:Skinny Bitch Curvy Chick: sb314 by cathydavison

Skinny Bitch Curvy Chick: sb314 by cathydavison  Skinny Bitch Curvy Chick: sb314 by cathydavison
Pattern Photo:

Pattern Info provided by cathydavison

Pattern Rating:Highly Recommend
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 3 people
Fabric:Stretch Lace  [See other projects in this fabric]
Pattern Description: Drape front cardigan

Pattern Sizing:XXS - L. I sewed large

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?Pretty much My drape looks too big but I think its because my fabric is not drapey enough.
Were the instructions easy to follow? The instructions were a bit confusing at the beginning in reference to interfacing. I sent a message via the website contact form, on sunday morning, and received an email that afternoon answering all my questions. That was impressive customer service. Once that was clarified the instructions were very easy but do assume some sewing knowledge.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? After making the tonic2 tee I trusted that this would fit and cut and sewed a straight size large. The fit through the shoulders is perfect. I do think my fabric is a bit too hefty and could have used a bit less body and a bit more drape. I like the shape of this cardi and will make it again in a softer more drapey knit.

Fabric Used: A lacey knit. It has crosswise stretch but is stable lengthwise. I love the colors.

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made: I did not make any fitting alterations. I did make the sleeves below elbow length rather than the short sleeves on the pattern. I also sewed the sleeves on flat, then sewed the side seams and sleeve seams.
EDIT: I chopped off the sleeves and took in the side seams and I like it a lot better than before.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others? I will sew it again, in a softer lighter knit. I would recommend it. All the pieces fit together perfectly.

Conclusion: I feel the sewer needs some sewing experience due to the brief instruction, but a beginner with some reference material could easily make this, as the pattern drafting is excellent with notches and edges that align perfectly and no difficult techniques at all.

Pj3g said... (7/30/14 11:59 PM) Reply
Very cute! Love the colors in the fabric too!
VivianZ said... (7/27/14 9:30 AM) Reply
cute sweater! Thanks for the review. I have one of their patterns and have never tried it. You have motivated me.

Sewing Workshop Soho Coat Pattern