Online Sewing Class: Clone Your Favorite Garment

Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 4731 (Special Occaisions)

Reviewed by:jenka

About jenka
NA GERMANY
Member since: 6/7/05
Posted on:7/20/05 7:27 AM
Last Updated:7/20/05 7:27 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 3 people
neferset said... (9/14/09 6:32 PM) Reply
This is one of my favorite formal dress patterns from the last 10 years, simply because you can do so much with it. (I've made everything from quick Ren-Garb for the not-too-picky to casual sundresses with it.) Your beautiful end result inspired me to find it again. I hope your sewing reasons have become happier in the meanwhile.
Mandolin82 said... (11/25/07 1:33 AM) Reply
Beautiful dress!!! And I like the creative way you handled the breakup.
Huldra said... (2/3/07 6:00 PM) Reply
Your dress is absolutely beautiful! I hope you'll find an occasion to wear it.
AnneM said... (7/21/05 6:40 AM) Reply
Lovely. You will have to wear it for a costume occasion. Keep your chin up. With your obvious talent, you will do great.
ryan's mom said... (7/21/05 5:48 AM) Reply
Beautiful! I kept closing out your pic because I thought it was an additional cover picture for the envelope LOL! It looks that good to be on the pattern cover!
Jennie Pakula said... (7/21/05 1:46 AM) Reply
What a beautiful dress. Isn't sewing the greatest therapy and solace. I hope you're feeling better, and I agree with the others, you really should find somewhere to wear it out! Or throw a period costume party and make everyone else dress similarly?
hongkongshopper said... (7/20/05 10:41 PM) Reply
Yes, you have every right to be proud of that dress!!!!
GorgeousFabrics said... (7/20/05 8:42 PM) Reply
That is simply beautiful. Sometimes sadness brings out the greatest creativity in us all. -Ann
Lori V said... (7/20/05 6:52 PM) Reply
Wow, simply stunning. An amazing creation. Sorry for your sadness.
Deb Thompson said... (7/20/05 2:03 PM) Reply
Wow Wow Wow!! How positivly gorgeous!! Your choice of color and fabrics are great and you look stunning in this dress. Heck, I wish I could sew my sorrows away - chocolate seems like a much better alternative!
gabrielle said... (7/20/05 12:06 PM) Reply
How beautiful, Jenka! I hope you get at least a few chances to wear it. It's too lovely to hide in a closet. :)
Mary Reed said... (7/20/05 10:39 AM) Reply
Jenka - is there a web address where I can see all of your costumes? Thanks, Mary
Georgene said... (7/20/05 8:58 AM) Reply
How beautiful! Time to book a flight to the USA to go to a RenFaire somewhere!(In the NY Garment Center there's a phrase: "When the going gets tough, the tough get professional")
JDpenelope said... (7/20/05 8:48 AM) Reply
Would you LOOK at that! I never accomplished much--except to worry off extra pounds, which was nice--when various agonizing breakups occurred. (I've gotten over all of them but one, and I actually have morphed it into something positive as well over the years.) May peace of mind return to you very soon.
appleC said... (7/20/05 8:41 AM) Reply
Wow, you look so elegant in that dress. How I hope this beautiful project would bring a smile on your face! Please try to wear it in some occasions if you could :)
purpleseamstress said... (7/20/05 8:34 AM) Reply
Breakups are so unbelievably hard. I remember my dad telling me, after a 5 year relationship ended, that I would laugh about it later on. I thought my dad was being insensitive, but truly I do laugh now. Especially as I look at my husband, who is so much more compatiable and truly my best friend, not to mention an incredible daddy. I say this to you to encourage you as this verse encouraged me,Rom 8:28 "And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose."
casken said... (7/20/05 8:24 AM) Reply
Very beautiful dress! You will heal and you will find the right man who will love you for the beautiful person you are. Take care.
Tiner W said... (7/20/05 8:20 AM) Reply
It's so beautiful! Sorry about the breakup--great therapy, though!
KimP said... (7/20/05 8:19 AM) Reply
Excellent result! I'm really impressed. Obviously your former boyfriend is missing out and I'm glad you turned that disappointment into such a worthwhile project! Make more. . .
Mary Stiefer said... (7/20/05 8:17 AM) Reply
This is quite gorgeous. Sorry you are having sad thoughts. Time heals all wounds.

Fun with Fitting - SKIRTS