Pattern Reviews> Loes Hinse Designs> 5005 (Skirt Trio)

Reviewed by:mudcat

About mudcatstarstar
USA
Member since: 1/17/02
Posted on:8/26/02 1:02 AM
Last Updated:3/18/04 8:07 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 1 people
See other patterns in this category: Skirts
said... (8/30/02 11:31 PM) Reply
Just wanted to say how much better your skirt looks than the one on Loes' website!
said... (8/29/02 2:32 AM) Reply
Mudcat, thanks for the great photo. I love the way the pleats drape in your fabric. I was worried about how they would look on a real person.
said... (8/28/02 12:19 PM) Reply
Beautiful skirt! Reighly has it right when she says that photo sells the pattern. You should get a commission from Loes. ;)
said... (8/28/02 12:12 PM) Reply
Alice, I love your skirt and the fabric is lovely. Thanks for sharing your plans to go down a size. I have the pattern in my hot little hand, and I plan to make it today, so I'll flat pattern measure to see if I want to go down a size, too.
said... (8/28/02 10:30 AM) Reply
Nice skirt Alice! Very interesting fabric, too! It looks better than the one on the pattern envelope.
said... (8/28/02 9:34 AM) Reply
I dismissed this pattern as boring until I saw your skirt-very nice. KS 3036 has a good proportion for this skirt style, because it is short and doesn't hide the pleats.
said... (8/28/02 2:16 AM) Reply
Okay, I made a new photo with me wearing it and added a fabric swatch (see the bottom of the review). By the way, thanks for all the compliments on the skirt. :)
said... (8/27/02 2:14 AM) Reply
Sherril, I'm not sure about a top yet...probably something black although the Kwik Sew 3036 Knit top I just made in a sage color actually looks good with the skirt. But I don't think the shirt is nice enough to go with it. I'll try to get the SO to take a photo with me in it tomorrow.
said... (8/26/02 5:03 PM) Reply
No wonder you liked it, it sure looks great.
said... (8/26/02 3:40 PM) Reply
Cute skirt. Now I'll have to think about getting this pattern too. What top do you plan to wear it with? I would love to see you model the outfit. I find it quite helpful to see actual people in their clothes instead of on the hanger.
said... (8/26/02 3:22 PM) Reply
My reaction to your photo was similar to Peggy's. Your skirt really sells this pattern!
said... (8/26/02 2:30 PM) Reply
Great skirt - it looks better than the one on the pattern envelope. Maybe I need this pattern afterall!
said... (8/26/02 11:08 AM) Reply
What a pretty skirt! I can't wait to make this pattern up - I think I like the view you chose best.
said... (8/26/02 1:10 AM) Reply
Mudcat, I love your skirt! The fabric you've used is really pretty.

No Pattern Used No Pattern Used