Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 7795

Member since: 6/21/05
Posted on:7/27/05 0:30 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 10 people
JeanetteE said... (8/4/05 10:19 AM) Reply
"Kaffufle"! Gosh you make me chuckle! Love your reviews, love the dress. You look great in it.
jlg said... (7/30/05 6:03 PM) Reply
Very pretty on you.
Danvillegirl said... (7/28/05 4:43 PM) Reply
Even with all your trials and tribulations, I really like your dress. Looks great on you. I of course just love green. Dress looks better than pattern drawings.
PixieCat said... (7/28/05 3:17 PM) Reply
Wow! It's a gorgeous dress! No one would ever know you had troubles with it.
Jan B. said... (7/28/05 1:15 PM) Reply
I agree with all the positive comments--it looks wonderful on you! I've never seen a crinkle gauze like this at our Joann's. It's perfect for the design and for you.
AnneM said... (7/28/05 6:42 AM) Reply
Great choice of fabric for this dress, even if you did lose the crinkles.
PegL said... (7/28/05 6:30 AM) Reply
This dress is gorgeous on you! Glad you were able to figure it out despite the pattern problems! I've run into bad instructions with Vogue several times. I wonder what happened to quality control there?!
ryan's mom said... (7/28/05 5:50 AM) Reply
Fab print, fab fit. Great-looking dress you got there. I feel for you on the neckline situation as that has happened to me before after sewing on the facing. In hindsight I realized it wasn't the pattern, I was using the wrong size for the neck/shoulders. Neckline problems can cause hours of grief--ugh!
Schnauzer said... (7/28/05 1:39 AM) Reply
Very nice!
cindyann said... (7/27/05 4:12 PM) Reply
Beautiful. Suits you very well.
Geordie Girl said... (7/27/05 2:56 PM) Reply
This looks gorgeous. It was well worth the trouble
drsue said... (7/27/05 12:03 PM) Reply
Love that dress on you!!! just perfect. Vogue seems to have serious quality control problems for instructions these days.
BjP said... (7/27/05 11:28 AM) Reply
Fabulous dress but you made me mad at Vogue all over again. I've also had problems with them so just when will they be a bit more careful in their instructions? Anyway, you look lovely and your difficulties were well worth it.
LisaLS said... (7/27/05 10:31 AM) Reply
You look great in that dress! I like the lines.
touran said... (7/27/05 10:13 AM) Reply
How absolutely gorgeous. I'm glad you worked out the kinks, because it looks great on you.
Modiste Madness said... (7/27/05 10:06 AM) Reply
I love you dress. It is so flattering for you and one would never know theere had been any construction patterns.
HawkeMorningStar7 said... (7/27/05 9:16 AM) Reply
thanks so much everyone for your nice comments. I am going to wear it again today...back up into 90's
KarmenG said... (7/27/05 8:18 AM) Reply
Fabulous dress! You look wonderful!
Sew it seams said... (7/27/05 8:15 AM) Reply
That is a beautiful dress. I agree with the others- one would never guess you had all that trouble by looking at the finished product. Great job!
Mary Stiefer said... (7/27/05 8:11 AM) Reply
A fantastic looking dress on a beautiful woman. You look so relaxed in that atmosphere.
Hilary said... (7/27/05 7:31 AM) Reply
So flattering! It was worth the trouble!
Gigi Louis said... (7/27/05 7:24 AM) Reply
The dress is fabulous on you! No one would know you had any troubles with it.
oracle said... (7/27/05 6:43 AM) Reply
Hawke, that dress looks so good on you in the picture! Before reading your review, I was looking at the photo and thinking, what a great design! What a perfect print for that dress! What a great colour! And does it ever flatter her! So whatever struggles you had to endure making it, I love what I see of the finished result. (By the way, the Vogue patterns I sew with are the Betzina ones, which I love, but I've noticed for some time mistakes in the descriptions on the pattern envelope (eg. a fitted dress described as "loose fitting") and other small omissions, mistakes and inconsistencies on the instruction pages. I didn't know if this was due somehow to the way Today's Fit is interfaced into the Vogue line or what, but I'm sorry to hear about the major omission you've run into in your Vogue pattern, which is the worst I've heard of yet!) Thanks for the review. It was very helpful. Enjoy the dress. (oracle)
CarolynGM said... (7/27/05 6:09 AM) Reply
You must have fixed all the problems because it looks fantastic. Shame on Vogue for those instructions.
Ann Smith said... (7/27/05 0:51 AM) Reply
Well, it certainly looks gorgeous now so all your trouble was worth it.

PerfectFuseTailorUltra Black

PerfectFuseTailorUltra Black

Jamie Christina Honey Girl Dress and Top Pattern (JC304HG)

Jamie Christina Honey Girl Dress and Top Pattern (JC304HG)

BurdaStyle Magazine 01-2013-123A