Mood Fabrics
Mood Fabrics

Pattern Reviews> Loes Hinse Designs> 5201 (Sweater Set)

Reviewed by:Tiner W

About Tiner Wstarstarstar
PA USA
Member since: 8/29/02
Sewing skills:Advanced Beginner
Posted on:8/6/05 1:42 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 4 people
CarolynGM said... (8/9/05 5:19 AM) Reply
Beautiful cardigan and what a lovely print. I must try this pattern.
Tiner W said... (8/8/05 8:58 AM) Reply
Just to clarify, I didn't stabilize the armscythes of the onionskin--it wasn't necessary. A fabric I'd used with this pattern previously would have needed it, because it was very stretchy. Thanks for the comments!
Leora said... (8/8/05 0:14 AM) Reply
Your cardigan is gorgeous. You are fearless with onionskin. I wouldn't think to stabilize the armscythes so I'm thankful for your review.
Harriet Rogers said... (8/7/05 5:01 PM) Reply
This looks terrific. Like the others, I would never have thought to use onionskin. Since it seems like I now own half of EOS's stock, I'm going to try this pattern with one of them. Thanks for the idea and comments. Great lookng on you.
mrs quickly said... (8/7/05 2:07 PM) Reply
How did you stablize the armscythes? Is this always necessary? I don't recall seeing this mentioned before.
xela said... (8/7/05 12:05 PM) Reply
Onion skin for this pattern-how ingenius! It's a beautiful sweater and now I have another alternative with all the onion skin I bought this summer. My plan was skirts but this is brilliant. Thanks so much for a great review!
Danvillegirl said... (8/7/05 6:37 AM) Reply
Very pretty. Like many others would not think of using onionskin for cardigan. Turned out nice
Lori V said... (8/6/05 11:25 PM) Reply
Beautiful
Sew4Fun said... (8/6/05 8:09 PM) Reply
Beautiful! Nice choice of fabric.
jlg said... (8/6/05 4:48 PM) Reply
This is a great looking cardigan. Great job.
mudcat said... (8/6/05 4:26 PM) Reply
Your cardigan looks lovely. I wouldn't be concerned about which side the buttonholes are on. Even the manufacturers are confused because I have women's RTW both ways.
Gigi Louis said... (8/6/05 3:24 PM) Reply
How pretty! I've never thought to use onionskin for this pattern but it works so well.
Georgene said... (8/6/05 3:20 PM) Reply
That is so good looking! You have a winner there. Please be sure to post photos of all the other versions of this you are going to make.
jemgirlca said... (8/6/05 2:48 PM) Reply
Really cute! I wouldn't have thought of using onionskin for a cardigan, but it looks great. I even have this same fabric, so now I know what to do with it. :-)

StyleArc Steffi Jacket