Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 3153 (Misses' Swimsuit & Wrap)

Reviewed by:Sherril Miller

About Sherril Millerstarstarstarstar
Posted on:8/7/05 2:34 PM
Last Updated:8/7/05 2:34 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 6 people    Very Helpful by 8 people
See other patterns in this category: Swimwear
ryan's mom said... (6/3/09 9:10 PM) Reply
Thanks for a great review, Sherril! I'm thinking about buying this pattern.
Lee Ann Hawkins said... (8/8/05 7:37 PM) Reply
Great job, Sherrill. I like my swimsuits to be a bit on the big side, too, as who wants to spend all day tugging and pulling! Looks great, go dive in and have fun!
Gigi Louis said... (8/8/05 6:28 PM) Reply
I can't believe this is your first swimsuit - it really turned out great. I've only made the wrap from this pattern. I think I'll reconsider the suit after reading your review. You have such great legs!
Tiner W said... (8/8/05 10:25 AM) Reply
Your suits look great, and I agree with Ryan's mom--this one plays up your legs!
ryan's mom said... (8/8/05 8:09 AM) Reply
This suit looks terrific on you. I know you commented that it's a bit on the small side, but it really highlights those legs! Very flattering IMO.
MaryBeth said... (8/7/05 10:01 PM) Reply
Interesting, informative review. Thanks for taking the time to do it and showing us your results. Love the fabrics, wraps and suits: looking good.
Deepika said... (8/7/05 9:39 PM) Reply
Sherril what a cute swimsuit. This is a great pattern.
Hilary said... (8/7/05 8:01 PM) Reply
Thanks for modeling your swimsuits for us! I think they both look great on you-I *love* this red flowered swimsuit fabric! I for one don't think its too skimpy at all, but I know how you feel in a suit makes a huge difference. How did you like the back center strap? Is it effective in preventing straps falling( and is it comfy?) I have this pattern as well, and am chicken to try it :D
Danvillegirl said... (8/7/05 6:54 PM) Reply
Very nice swimsuit. You did a good job.
Linda E. said... (8/7/05 6:10 PM) Reply
Great looking suit you did a great job. I do not remember making the suggestion to use a Large I may be losing my mine.
Sherril Miller said... (8/7/05 4:26 PM) Reply
Sue, on this suit I used way too many pins and it was a painful event. On my other one, I started putting in the pins parallel to the fabric edge, removing them as I got to them. In this way, I used less pins and got poked much less often. You're right though, sewing on all that elastic gets old fast. Is your current project for youself?
drsue said... (8/7/05 3:01 PM) Reply
Both suits are terrific I think. I saw this review just as I finished cutting out for a KS suit top. Just finished the bottom and a skirt. I'm finding sewing all the elastic to be tiresome - - did this bug you?
mudcat said... (8/7/05 2:51 PM) Reply
Yes, it looks great on you. Good colors.
PhyllisC said... (8/7/05 2:42 PM) Reply
Great suit Sherrill. You look fabulous!

by: petro