Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 3064 (Misses Swimsuits)

Viewed 1992 times
Reviewed by:Sherril Miller

About Sherril Millerstarstarstarstar
Posted on:8/7/05 3:25 PM
Last Updated:8/7/05 3:25 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 15 people
See other patterns in this category: Swimwear
DOMESTICATEDMENNONITE said... (12/11/09 2:54 PM) Reply
thanks for telling us that you preferred using a regular machine, and for the way you handled the missing instructions dillemma
biochemistress said... (6/27/08 8:07 AM) Reply
I like your suit modification with the straps in the back! I made this too, except with view A, and I wish I would have thought of that! I make wraps for all my suits from the same pattern you did as well! I use the serger though; take time to figure out that elastic foot, it does save time (and elastic) once you get the hang of it! Great job on both suits!
synchro mom said... (11/28/06 5:34 PM) Reply
I was looking for a pattern for my daughter but this looks like something I would make for myself.
CSM--Carla said... (9/30/06 0:02 AM) Reply
You have actually talked me into making my first swimsuit. This pattern is on my list!! Thank you for this excellent review!! Carla
Ann Clark said... (6/2/06 10:38 PM) Reply
I,also, have sloping shoulders. What if you crossed the straps from the shoulders and made the back higher?
brrmm said... (11/5/05 9:30 PM) Reply
Hi - another swimsuit maker, yay! I make all my family's togs (as we call them here) and swimshirts. Have trouble getting patterned lycra here in Australia though. Your togs look great and I love the wrap. Think I'll do a wrap next too.
Sherril Miller said... (8/9/05 8:26 PM) Reply
KarenP, I just used a swimsuit lining fabric I got from Buttons & Bolts in Tucson, AZ. I've had it in my stash for about 5 years.
KarenP said... (8/9/05 2:28 PM) Reply
Very nice! Maybe I should bite the bullet and try a swimsuit. What fabric did you use for the shelf bra and crotch lining?
Sherril Miller said... (8/8/05 9:10 PM) Reply
Potter, I didn't line the suit except for the bra and crotch. I didn't make any pattern adjustments except to shorten the front 1" at the front shoulder.
Gigi Louis said... (8/8/05 6:26 PM) Reply
What a great-looking suit, Sherril!
SueV said... (8/8/05 10:37 AM) Reply
Very nice Sherrill, with all us making swimsuits this year, maybe we should get together and have a swim party! um.... I wonder if my sister would let me "borrow" her pool and backyard! -- Just no cameras!
potter said... (8/8/05 9:16 AM) Reply
Adorable! Adorable! Adorable! I've been wanting to sew a swimsuit and but have felt so intimidated by it - you have inspired me to try it. Could you tell me, did you line your suit? It looks like you and I have similar shapes - did you have to make any adjustments in the bum? Very pretty - TFS!
ryan's mom said... (8/8/05 8:06 AM) Reply
Great swimsuit! And I love the matching wrap that goes with it.
cmarie12 said... (8/8/05 8:00 AM) Reply
Sherril, both swimsuits are great! I agree that you have wonderful legs and should show them off! Thanks so much for 2 great reviews!
hongkongshopper said... (8/8/05 5:39 AM) Reply
And so you should show off those legs! They look great. Both suits are very flattering and I especially like the fabric of this set. Thanks for modelling:)
Danvillegirl said... (8/7/05 6:56 PM) Reply
Great detail. You really have the hang of this. Both suits look good to me.
BjP said... (8/7/05 6:45 PM) Reply
Very nice, Sherril. I really like the wrap, too. Good review and a lovely job on both suits.
touran said... (8/7/05 6:19 PM) Reply
Very nice. I have the pattern also. I'm glad it came out so well (with all your extra work!).
Linda E. said... (8/7/05 6:14 PM) Reply
Great looking suit I you have been busy making swim wear. One of these days maybe I will attempt it.
MaryLynn in Long Beach said... (8/7/05 4:53 PM) Reply
Great work and inspiration, Sherril, thank you.
Skye said... (8/7/05 4:36 PM) Reply
Great looking swimwear. I use a 3 thread serger stitch when sewing swimwear. 2 needles and lower looper my machine comes witha cover for the upper looper. The tension is increased a tad in the lower lopper - the resulting stitch has a lot more stretch than the usual 4 thread. I really love the wrap skirt idea roll on our summer :)
drsue said... (8/7/05 4:06 PM) Reply
I think you are right about the serger issues. Your suit is really nice.
Mary Stiefer said... (8/7/05 3:57 PM) Reply
Both swimsuits look great and if I had legs like yours I would be showing them off too. Very nice suit.
Jackie V said... (8/7/05 3:53 PM) Reply
Your swimsuit looks great on you. I made 3 swimsuits for my grandaughter using a Kwiksew pattern. She loved them. I can't see spending big bucks on swimsuits as they take such a little bit of fabric and not much trouble to sew.

Paradiso Designs Be Green Market Bag Pattern