Online Sewing Class: Sewing Basics

Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 2452 (Knit Dresses)

Reviewed by:Nikki

About Nikkistarstarstarstar
MD USA
Member since: 4/8/02
Posted on:8/29/02 1:35 AM
sewlucky said... (3/19/08 9:10 AM) Reply
Thanks for this review. I guess this is an old pattern, altho I just bought it on Ebay. I wanted a knit turtleneck dress, and this was the only one I could find! Luckily, it sounds like I shldn't have too much trouble w/it based on your review. Thanks!
Lou. said... (12/5/02 7:39 PM) Reply
Thanks for the review, do you not have a photo? The dress sounds great.
said... (9/2/02 6:11 PM) Reply
Thanks for the review of view A. I tried view B with short sleeves, and was pleased with the way the finishing technique around the neck and arms turned out (lingerie elastic) (it was new to me - learned from this pattern), the dress hung in an unflattering way (not enough shaping for my pear), and was not flattering to my big tummy. It looked great on a flat-tummied friend, though.
said... (8/30/02 10:27 AM) Reply
Teri, there is slight shaping at the waist. There isn't a whole lot of ease at the hip - about 3-4". I didn't feel that it needed a belt, but then I don't really like wearing belts!
said... (8/29/02 12:50 PM) Reply
Nikki, is there waist line shaping or does the dress hang pretty straight? I guess what I am asking is can you wear it without a belt and it still look good?
said... (8/29/02 12:00 PM) Reply
Thanks for reviewing this. I like all three views, and the button front looks like it could be worn as a long cardigan too.
Click here if you wish to edit your comment

Islander Sewing Systems Every Bodies Shirt (VS-XL)

Islander Sewing Systems Every Bodies Shirt (VS-XL)

PerfectFuseTailorUltra White