Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 4541

Posted on:8/8/05 8:06 PM
Last Updated:8/8/05 8:12 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 3 people
Jennifer shaw said... (8/10/05 3:52 PM) Reply
That is one great looking top! Thank you for your review, despite the issues with the piping.
Tonia Van Dyk said... (8/9/05 8:45 PM) Reply
Thanks everyone for your comments. I'm almost positive it was the fact that I was sewing while incredibly tired that this top was so frustrating. I actually wore this top today, ensuring I put it on *before* I did my makeup, and I will have to take my makeup off before I take my shirt off, but it really completed the outfit. I did have quite a few compliments on it at the office, and I didn't repeat my tale of woe once. I think I may make this again, and perhaps even attempt the neckline/crossover closure again. But, I will try with a band of contrasting fabric rather than the piping. ;} The rest of the fit sure is nice!
Modiste Madness said... (8/9/05 10:36 AM) Reply
Where your top and enjoy. Think of your experience as a free sewing lesson.:) I had the same impression as the rest, your top looked so good I wanted to read the review.
Kathryn said... (8/9/05 8:38 AM) Reply
I love the top with the skirt, Tonia. You have a wonderful eye for line and form. Even though the top was frustrating to you in the construction process, it looks wonderful on your dressform. One would never know.
jlg said... (8/9/05 5:23 AM) Reply
Sorry for all of your frustration, but when I saw the picture before reading the review, I said to myself I have to get this.
jemgirlca said... (8/8/05 10:33 PM) Reply
Cute top!! Sorry you had so much trouble with the piping. The contrast looks great.
hongkongshopper said... (8/8/05 10:29 PM) Reply
Well, it worked out in the end. The simplicity of it is its charm.
Levone said... (8/8/05 10:06 PM) Reply
Cute top despite your frustrations with it.
Lori V said... (8/8/05 9:23 PM) Reply
Very pretty top, thanks for posting the review.

Other Bronte Knit Top