Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 4518 (Tops)

Reviewed by:Jennifer shaw

About Jennifer shawstarstar
Posted on:8/9/05 7:11 PM
Last Updated:6/6/08 7:53 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Regular Petite
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 5 people
Jennifer shaw said... (4/17/11 10:46 PM) Reply
I can now update this review with another view! Stay tuned for a different version.. out of a pretty batik fabric..
Nancywin said... (5/21/08 10:20 AM) Reply
I have this pattern and haven't used it yet. Thanks for the tips on the straps.
PVA said... (8/22/05 11:48 PM) Reply
Thanks for the photo of the finished ensemble -- stunning! It truly is very elegant & beautifully done! You should also tell DH that rtw right off the rack would never have the custom fit, never mind the matching color & fabric issues.
Jennifer shaw said... (8/17/05 6:42 PM) Reply
Thanks Anne!
AnneM said... (8/17/05 6:24 PM) Reply
Cute pictures. Very nice outfit. I want to try some bias-cut blouses; yours is a great inspiration.
Jennifer shaw said... (8/17/05 3:30 PM) Reply
Here is the real picture, right before the wedding...
PVA said... (8/10/05 6:04 PM) Reply
Ooooooo-la-la! Lovely top, I can just see it with A-line skirt! Very elegant! I do want to see photos of you wearing the ensemble -- at MGM Grand or such posh surrounds! Thanks for the review!
Jennifer shaw said... (8/10/05 3:12 PM) Reply
Well, finally here are the first of many pictures. I was having fun with picture it, so I hope that you enjoy the heart shape.( I think it's because of my 16th wedding anniversary and our friend's wedding, which are both this weekend!) I think that I will ask the official photographer(dh) to take a picture later, perhaps at the MGM Grand...
keric said... (8/10/05 1:28 PM) Reply
I really like this pattern, and can NOT WAIT to see it on you! Hurry up and take those pics! Just kidding...I'm glad it worked out so well for you, and I bet you'll look gorgeous!
Clev said... (8/10/05 10:17 AM) Reply
WE want pictures, WE want pictures. I'm so happy for you that it came out so good. I might try "E" next time. I'm also thinking of trying the pattern without the interfacing or any facings for that matter.
ryan's mom said... (8/10/05 7:01 AM) Reply
Looking forward to seeing the pics!
AnneM said... (8/10/05 5:18 AM) Reply
Looking forward to the pictures; your fabric sounds just lovely.
Understanding Interfacings