Pattern Reviews> Jalie> 2449 (crossover top)

Reviewed by:Harmony

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 2 people

Just Make it Sew

Quality Fashion Fabrics

Lorna C. Newman said... (2/2/06 8:46 PM) Reply
I woudl not have thought about using this for my DD ... I will now though! When I cut one out for me, I will do one up for her, too! She is fairly straight and thin at almost 5 so it should be OK. But I will add ease to the front to be sure.
Mamashea said... (2/1/06 8:12 AM) Reply
Those are great outfits and you DD is so adorable :) I have both this pattern and the pink/chocolate babynay. But thankfully after reading your review I will not combine the two as my dd is in the big belly stage :)
kv said... (10/30/05 5:52 PM) Reply
Way too cute!!
Diane E said... (8/17/05 11:08 AM) Reply
Absolutely lovely. Great pattern changes. Those outfits are better than any RTW any day and your model is darling!
diane s said... (8/12/05 11:17 PM) Reply
Very fashionable, your modifications really enhanced the pattern. I wish you were my mom, so I could have such a cute top, guess I'll have to make one myself.
mammabear said... (8/11/05 10:13 PM) Reply
I love these outfits! I've been thinking about this pattern--think it would be cute both on me and on dd. Especially love the matching band/skirt. I'd like that for me, too!
keric said... (8/11/05 2:12 PM) Reply
OMG...your daughter is such a doll! I can't get over how cute she is. And LOVE the tops (I may have to order this pattern), and the coordinating skirts...perfect little outfits! Great job!
Tiner W said... (8/10/05 8:10 PM) Reply
What cute tops!
Vonnevo said... (8/10/05 6:54 PM) Reply
Harmomy, these are adorable outfits and the cutest little model. They look a million dollars :)) Well done. I don't sew children's clothes, but love to see the reviews and specially all the cute children of PR.
JDpenelope said... (8/10/05 6:30 PM) Reply
Wow! Love both tops. I have two Jalie patterns, but not this one and have been wondering if they would work for my dgd. Yours certainly does, but then you made some thoughtful adjustments that add a lot. You make me want to try this.
CarolynGM said... (8/10/05 5:57 PM) Reply
Those tops are so adorable on your little girl. Do you plan on matching mother/daughter tops at some point?
Mary Stiefer said... (8/10/05 5:31 PM) Reply
How cute. Thanks to you, your daughter has the cutest looking wardrobe.
Tonia Van Dyk said... (8/10/05 5:15 PM) Reply
What a cute outfit on a cute little girl! I really like the way you used the stripes to coordinate the top with the skirt. Hummm, I have this pattern in my stash. I also have some coordinating black floral print and striped slinky in my stash. Do you mind if I knock off your idea? I think it would work for a thirty-something...
debbieB said... (8/10/05 5:05 PM) Reply
Those are adorable!I love the color chooses and the contrasting stripe.
Jackie V said... (8/10/05 4:57 PM) Reply
I just made this top for my Grandaughter yesterday. I found the directions adequate. They certainly didn't go into detail, but it was enough for me. I haven't tried it on her yet, so I am nervous about the fit. I didn't have her around to tissue fit, but I chose one size over her measurements. I love the cute outfits and the fabric you chose. I especially liked the band with the stripes.
Gigi Louis said... (8/10/05 4:51 PM) Reply
How cute! And what an adorable model you have. :-) The reason this may have been too small in the 6 is that this pattern is sized for knits with 75% stretch. We all find that out the hard way, lol. You can also print out more detailed instructions at
KarenP said... (8/10/05 4:43 PM) Reply
How cute! It's nice to see this made up in a children's size.
Elemenopeo said... (8/10/05 4:19 PM) Reply
Those are boutique. your dd looks sweet in it too.
drsue said... (8/10/05 3:59 PM) Reply
that top so sweet! Great outfit!
touran said... (8/10/05 3:43 PM) Reply
That is the cutest look!
Jennifer shaw said... (8/10/05 3:33 PM) Reply
That is so adorable!!! (your first pic) Thanks for your review. I love both sets.
Princess Jenny said... (8/10/05 3:23 PM) Reply
How adorable. I love both sets :) Thanks for reviewing this pattern.
Vivienne said... (8/10/05 3:10 PM) Reply
Hmmm... you think a 32 year old would look half as cute in that combo? I'm tempted.
Geordie Girl said... (8/10/05 3:05 PM) Reply
What a lovely top.
sosoatsewing said... (8/10/05 3:04 PM) Reply
Nice tops, what part of the directions did you think were omitted??
jemgirlca said... (8/10/05 2:24 PM) Reply