Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 4486 (Making History)

Reviewed by:Lisa Laree

About Lisa Lareestarstarstarstar
Posted on:8/18/05 0:19 AM
Last Updated:8/18/05 0:19 AM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Regular
See other patterns in this category: Costumes
honeydew said... (10/16/07 10:14 AM) Reply
I had the same problem with the front,glad it was not just me...I paid $4 for the material so I just gave it up...It was for my husband as it was simular to a shirt I got in mexico...I Made A...I ordered a pattern 3250 kwik sew which is more like the mexico shirt.
AnneM said... (8/28/05 8:09 PM) Reply
Great outfits. Amazing you were able to keep up the pirate speak for the whole review! I think I would have fizzled out. I was just watching some of Pirates of the Carribean; you'd blend right in.
MaryBeth said... (8/19/05 8:01 AM) Reply
Aiieee, ye be a deary un, girlie, ye do.
redhead said... (8/19/05 6:54 AM) Reply
Hilarious, and great looking results!
Lisa Laree said... (8/19/05 6:43 AM) Reply
Gigi, I had the same thought when I was sewing these shirts and actually meant to mention it in the review and forgot (guess I got carried away with the pirate speak). With just a little more length (and a little more ease through the hips...for me, anyway) this pattern would make a really neat romantical nightgown! It would be easy to substitute lace for the self-fabric ruffles...
Gigi Louis said... (8/18/05 10:26 PM) Reply
Yohoho, a pirate's shirt for me! I love your shirts - they are fantastic. This would make an awesome nightshirt lengthened a little - in linen. Mmmm. Thanks for the hysterical review. Now I'm in the mood for Pirates of the Carribean. :-)
Jill Giard said... (8/18/05 5:22 PM) Reply
Great review - great pics! Thanks for the laugh - you made my day!
Lisa Laree said... (8/18/05 3:45 PM) Reply
LOL, no, Diane, 'miss of th' stake' just kind of materialized at the end of my fingers (it WAS very late and I WAS already in goof-mode) and I looked at it and though 'well, y'know, that looks plausible' and left it... The pirate talk be contagious, doncha know...
PVA said... (8/18/05 10:28 AM) Reply
Well, harty-har-har & avast ye landlubbers! 'Tis a rollicking-good time I'd be having reading all this piraty-speak! 'Tis a great review & I'd be thanking ye properly for all the bits of experience wit de details! (8^D)
Diane E said... (8/18/05 10:26 AM) Reply
Lisa, what a rip-roarin' tale, and what a fine Orlando Bloomie boy-o you have there. Is "miss of the stake" an etymological clue? Were ye a linguist in a previous incarnation? Great fun to read and inspirin' for all hallows eve, as well.
Rustybobn said... (8/18/05 9:00 AM) Reply
Tee hee! Thanks for a great review, Lisa!
sherri2sew said... (8/18/05 8:53 AM) Reply
ho,ho. or yo, ho, ho.' sharp lookin' pirates ye be, too.
Annika said... (8/18/05 8:52 AM) Reply
Shiver me timbers - these be fine piratey shirts, and a welcome review of said! Ain't Wal-Marts a wolloping window-blind of a place to be findin' bargains!Arrrgh!
Susan Dryer said... (8/18/05 7:17 AM) Reply
What a fun read! Great shirts! Thanks.
Meguiar said... (8/18/05 7:10 AM) Reply
Love the review - and the shirts look great!
PegL said... (8/18/05 5:14 AM) Reply
Ahoy indeed! Cute shirts and fun review!
The Technique of Underlining Garments