Mood Fabrics
Mood Fabrics

Pattern Reviews> Loes Hinse Designs> 5303 (New York Dress)

Reviewed by:Diane E

About Diane Estarstarstarstar
Member since: 4/8/02
Posted on:8/30/02 8:47 PM

said... (8/31/02 11:02 AM) Reply
GORGEOUS FABRIC! I love the brown sweater knit also.
said... (8/31/02 2:34 AM) Reply
Diane, beautiful dress and fabric! Nan
said... (8/31/02 1:35 AM) Reply
diane, I could only see the photos from your links in the comments. The dress and fabric look beautiful. Great job, oh, and the sweater is beautiful.
said... (8/30/02 10:41 PM) Reply
Hi! Deepika, I just serged and turned the neckline as directed in the pattern instructions. The knit is so forgiving that it looks very nice (IMHO - LOL!) Here's a slightly closer view of the neckline: http://images.ofoto.com/photos249/5/26/67/20/23/0/23206726503_0_ALB.jpg Alice, here's a slightly closer view of the fabric: http://images.ofoto.com/photos249/5/26/67/20/14/0/14206726503_0_ALB.jpg Disregard the brown knit at the top - that's a sweater I'm working on, and I took the picture to show a knitting friend. The fabric is a sort of lacy velour, overlaid on a black poly knit background. It came from Stone Mountain and Daughter. If you take a copy of my photo and e-mail it to them, they could probably tell you if they have the fabric now. http://www.stonemountainfabric.com/ There's a contact e-mail there. I love that place! NAYY but a very devoted customer! Regarding lengthening View A, I don't see why you couldn't! The skirt would need a walking slit, I think, as the skirt is quite narrow below the knee. You could easily add a center back seam (in fact, that could be good for shaping), and then add a back slit.
said... (8/30/02 10:23 PM) Reply
Diane, I would love to see a closeup of your fabric. Where did it come from? Do you think this version would work lengthened to mid calf or ankle. Possibly, adding a slit though I don't know if slits in knits is appropriate or not (can't recall seeing that). I like my skirts and dresses long (mid-calf to nearly ankle-length). I have the pattern but had pretty much resigned myself to making View B only. But, I really like the shape of View A.
said... (8/30/02 9:14 PM) Reply
gorgeous dress Diane! how did you do the neckline?
said... (8/30/02 9:12 PM) Reply
Both dresses are beautiful and classic!

Fun with Fitting - SKIRTS