Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 05/2004 tiered dress (peasant skirt sundress)

Reviewed by:pharmercoon

About pharmercoonstar
MS USA
Member since: 4/5/04
Posted on:8/19/05 10:50 AM
Last Updated:8/19/05 10:50 AM

Lorna C. Newman said... (2/2/06 12:19 PM) Reply
Great save indeed! Wonderful inspiration for the dress at the beginning, though. Maybe there is a way you can tweak the remnants of the top in to something workable?
sew_so_hub said... (2/1/06 7:24 PM) Reply
A very nice salvage job. A peasant skirt is not easy because of the tiers, but yours turned out very nice. Also, the twist top matches perfectly.
SandraB said... (8/22/05 1:32 PM) Reply
Very nice. Great way to salvage a wadder. You are so creative.
Danvillegirl said... (8/20/05 7:37 AM) Reply
You should be very proud of how it turned out. What a great save. Looks great with the top.
Fran G said... (8/20/05 6:23 AM) Reply
Wow! As others have said, what a great save! I love the skirt made so different with your great trim. You have vision! And a great sense of humor!
quiltsammon said... (8/19/05 9:24 PM) Reply
I love the skirt, especially the trim! Good Save!
Lori V said... (8/19/05 8:46 PM) Reply
What a save, great looking skirt
Hilary said... (8/19/05 5:48 PM) Reply
The skirt turned out wonderful!! That's a lotta trouble for a skirt, but it's great that you made your wadder work :o) always a good feeling!
Gigi Louis said... (8/19/05 5:36 PM) Reply
Wow! What a great save! I was sitting here wondering why how I missed such a fabulous skirt in WOF - now I know!
bunz said... (8/19/05 5:02 PM) Reply
Great save! It looks terrific as a skirt. I wonder if the problem w the dress was really the fabric........... I think partly the design.
ktsews2 said... (8/19/05 3:20 PM) Reply
wow! Just goes to show...you can make a silk purse from a sows ear. What a great save! Your dress is lovely.
Kathryn said... (8/19/05 2:58 PM) Reply
This might just win the "Patternreview Save of the Year" award, Kay. If Deepika actually runs such a contest, you'll get my vote! :-) The skirt turned out great, and the crocheted trim is a stroke of genius. You're a Boho Babe all the way in this outfit!
Cathy Loves Fabric said... (8/19/05 12:27 PM) Reply
Terrific outfit!
ladylola said... (8/19/05 12:24 PM) Reply
Great skirt! Love your trim idea!
CarolynGM said... (8/19/05 12:05 PM) Reply
Excellent save, Pharmercoon. The skirt looks great with that trim.
Izzie said... (8/19/05 11:59 AM) Reply
Very clever way to use this pattern, your skirt turned out cute. I too tried this pattern, also sucked in by the description. I only made the top half, thinking it would make a cute top, well, it was so horrible that I didn't even take a picture! I used a semi-drapey, rayon, twill so I don't know if your fabric choice made that much of a difference. My DH said it looked like I was wearing a shower curtain...gotta love that honesty!
touran said... (8/19/05 11:57 AM) Reply
The skirt with the trim is gorgeous. I was looking at this pattern and wondering... But if it looks like that on your lovely figure, I'll be glad to give it a pass. But the skirt is really very pretty.
Ann Smith said... (8/19/05 11:00 AM) Reply
What a terrific save! Your original sketch looks so delightful....who would have thought it would look so different in reality.

Paradiso Designs Tiny Handbag Pattern