Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 07-2005-114 (114C Top)

Reviewed by:seKimberlyso

About seKimberlysostar
Member since: 5/7/04

Posted on:8/24/05 2:49 PM
Last Updated:8/24/05 2:53 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 11 people

Sweater knit fabrics

Nancy K said... (5/19/06 7:59 AM) Reply
I have been looking at this top for summer and so I was very happy to see your review. It looks great on you and the idea of back darts is a good addition. I am still not very happy with all my results in knit fabrics so a question. Doesn't staystitiching stretch out the neck line? What do you do to prevent this?
Nancy K said... (4/3/06 5:55 PM) Reply
Great! I just love it when someone who does an FBA does a review. Thanks, I was thinking of doing this top. It looks fab on you.
Jan B. said... (8/26/05 2:49 PM) Reply
Very pretty! Thanks for your helpful diagram. Your dd looks adorable.
Katharine in BXL said... (8/25/05 10:04 AM) Reply
Thanks for this thorough & informative review!
HawkeMorningStar7 said... (8/25/05 9:45 AM) Reply
Thanks so much for diagram tip. It can be a challenge figuring Burda WOF sometimes. I love the way your top fits you, its superb. Lovely mother daughter picture, you both look so pretty and the skirt fabric too !!
JDpenelope said... (8/25/05 6:44 AM) Reply
Looks like you made the most of that fabric from your Wazoodle grab bag. Beautiful, and fits so well, with the addition of the back darts.
tigger said... (8/25/05 0:06 AM) Reply
Love the top and the skirt looks great too - love the fabric choice! thanks for the diagram! Great job.
Izzie said... (8/24/05 10:15 PM) Reply
Great job! I really like the added darts in the back. Thanks for reviewing this and thanks especially for the strap directions. I will have to try this one.
valerie sews said... (8/24/05 7:59 PM) Reply
Love the neck line, both front and back. I'll have to watch out for this issue when it comes out here.
Ann Smith said... (8/24/05 7:49 PM) Reply
Very nice. I might try this one. I have to make the same alterations you do including that underarm one.
purpleseamstress said... (8/24/05 5:41 PM) Reply
Very nice. I love the top and the darts you added make for a perfect and flattering fit. Thank you so much for a through and informative review.
Nickle said... (8/24/05 5:31 PM) Reply
Very pretty color and very flattering on you.
Clemmie said... (8/24/05 4:34 PM) Reply
That shirt looks great! I love the back darts, gives it a really pretty look. Wish I had a pool to float in too!
jemgirlca said... (8/24/05 3:20 PM) Reply
That color looks really pretty on you and the fit of your top is really flattering.
Cambric Tea said... (8/24/05 3:14 PM) Reply
You did a great job. You always do. (: I'm very impressed by your ability to get so much done, wrestle with the WOF directions and write such helpful reviews for us. With a full house!
Mary Stiefer said... (8/24/05 3:04 PM) Reply
Vibrant colors for two obviously vibrant ladies. Your daughter is sweet looking. Love the top and the shaping of the neckline.
Tez said... (8/24/05 3:00 PM) Reply
The top looks great on you. Gorgeous neckline!
PegL said... (8/24/05 2:58 PM) Reply
Gorgeous top! I agree with Touran -- the lines of the design are great! The shoulder strap construction sounds intriguing but I'm going to have to study your drawing and the directions to undestand them. Thanks for putting that in the review! It's very helpful! Adorable DD -- you both look so pretty!
touran said... (8/24/05 2:52 PM) Reply
Beautiful - I love the lines of this design and the color and shape are lovely on you. I think I'll try it, too. (What a pretty DD!)

Violette Field Threads Stella