Online Sewing Class: Bust Adjustments

Pattern Reviews> Purrfection> 1039 (Modern Poet blouse)

Reviewed by:CSY

About CSYstar
Member since: 2/1/03
Posted on:9/2/05 7:21 PM
Last Updated:9/2/05 9:03 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 7 people    Very Helpful by 15 people
AngieC said... (6/24/07 9:31 PM) Reply
Wow! What a beautiful blouse! I love the color, fabric, and the pattern~
coaster1 said... (2/11/07 12:30 PM) Reply
Thank you so much for the details on your alterations. I'm getting ready to make this blouse and you've saved me lots of time with your fitting suggestions! Your blouse is exquisite!
MarilynB said... (11/21/05 5:59 AM) Reply
Very pretty blouse. Thanks for the review. I'm adding this pattern to my wish list.
mrs quickly said... (11/20/05 9:56 PM) Reply
Thank you for such a thorough review. I have bigger arms and a broad back so based on your review this pattern just might work for me. I have some rayon in my stash that would be lovely made up in this pattern; something I had never considered until I saw your review. Your blouse is very pretty. I especially like the bead detail you added.
Plantwizard said... (9/4/05 0:03 AM) Reply
Carol, I'm making this blouse now and am wondering if the left front (the underlap) tends to droop because it is so wide. If so how did you deal with this? I've been wondering if I should put a tie at the top edge (by the collar) of the underlap and a tie in the side seam right under the armhole. What do you think of this idea. Thank you for any help you can give me in this area. So far I like the way this pattern is turning out.
Debra H said... (9/3/05 11:27 PM) Reply
Your version of this pattern is really stunning and so proud of you for the dyed fabric...takes courage to do it the first time. Your closure is stunning. Grand job!
DJM said... (9/3/05 11:18 PM) Reply
Dear Carol, Your blouse is lovely although it sounds as if several fitting adjustments were required. Your comments about a really broad back made me think of some of my projects. I'll have to keep this pattern in mind. I have a daughter who has size 18 shoulders and size 8 hips. She has about 4 inchs extra across her shoulder line in the back. As you can imagine, fitting is something of an issue. I want to thank you for providing access to this site. I especially like the galley of photos for the Jakarta jacket. Lots of inspiration there. Thanks again. DJM
Sherril Miller said... (9/3/05 4:10 PM) Reply
Your top is wonderful. I love the fabric you used as it drapes nicely. Thanks for reviewing this one. It looks like it would work for me with some petite alterations.
Linda E. said... (9/3/05 9:12 AM) Reply
Very pretty blouse I love what you did with the pattern, The fabric gorgeous. Thanks for writting a very detail review with fitting tips.
AnneM said... (9/3/05 8:29 AM) Reply
Great review; thanks for all of the information. Your top is very pretty.
Modiste Madness said... (9/3/05 8:17 AM) Reply
You blouse is beautiful. You did a wonderful job creating the fabric then constructing the garment. It makes me want to get my pattern out and make one right away.
Danvillegirl said... (9/3/05 6:48 AM) Reply
I love your blouse. Great job dying it, very pretty color. Information provided with your review is very helpful.
jlg said... (9/3/05 5:10 AM) Reply
Your blouse is so pretty. Beautiful sewing and dying job.
twinmama said... (9/3/05 2:23 AM) Reply
Absolutely gorgeous pattern! Love the way the fabric turned out. Master construction.
KarmenG said... (9/2/05 10:31 PM) Reply

annsew65 said... (9/2/05 10:26 PM) Reply
Carol - Simply gorgeous! Despite the fitting challenges, it has turned out wonderfully! Your fabric is outstanding as well as the execution of the pattern!
KarmenG said... (9/2/05 10:22 PM) Reply
Wonderful garment - what a success! Thanks for reviewing this pattern. Thanks for all the great sewing room links on your website! What inspiration and great ideas.
Ann Smith said... (9/2/05 10:05 PM) Reply
Very lovely. Beautiful combination of fabric and pattern design.
CarrieA said... (9/2/05 8:56 PM) Reply
Wow, that is really beautiful. I love your embellishments...right out of high-end boutique. Great job.
Cambric Tea said... (9/2/05 8:32 PM) Reply
That's a lovely blouse. Did you dye your silk yourself?
Steffie said... (9/2/05 8:22 PM) Reply
Wow... your top is just beautiful.
Fanciful said... (9/2/05 8:21 PM) Reply
Gorgeous!
Riordan said... (9/2/05 8:09 PM) Reply
The hem finish is lovely, and the beads on the tie ends are beautiful! Wonderful details!
Jules/Vancouver BC said... (9/2/05 8:00 PM) Reply
I've been toying with the idea of getting this pattern...thanks for the detailed comments - I DO have large arms, so it's good to know that I might not have to alter for that on this blouse!
Levone said... (9/2/05 7:46 PM) Reply