Pattern Reviews> Jalie> 2562 (Women's Polo Shirts)

Reviewed by: LoriB

About LoriBstarstar
Member since: 4/23/02
Posted on:8/28/05 7:16 PM
Last Updated:8/28/05 7:16 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 8 people

Vesta Patterns

Leslie in Austin said... (2/16/07 10:05 AM) Reply
Don't know how I couldn've missed this top when you first reviewed it. So cute!!
Lorna C. Newman said... (10/17/05 7:34 AM) Reply
Drats, somebody beat me to the punch on this review! I have this half don eon the dress form ... and I also have the WOF polo traced off and ready to go. I can't wait to have it done! I love your colours on thsi one!
Irene said... (8/31/05 11:37 AM) Reply
Thanks for the thorough review, Lori! Your shirt looks great. Kwik Sew and Stretch & Sew have easy polo shirts, but their techniques don't allow for a contrasting front placket, and I didn't notice the collar stand (my preference) when I just looked at the pattern cover.
MaryBeth said... (8/30/05 9:10 PM) Reply
So cute, Lori. I'm looking forward to making this pattern up and I appreciate your review. I had the same happy need to discover the elbow length sleeve and really like it.
Deepika said... (8/30/05 8:09 PM) Reply
What a fun shirt Lori. Love the print. I have the Kwik Sew Polo shirt pattern which was so easy to make. Of course its not as nice as yours but its good for beginners.
Gigi Louis said... (8/30/05 2:44 PM) Reply
Gosh, that's cute!
PhyllisC said... (8/30/05 2:31 PM) Reply
The fabric is just perfect! Love the combination of a sporty style and floral print.
AnneFromLambourn said... (8/30/05 2:03 AM) Reply
Wonderful top Lori, this must be another must-have from Jalie...
Jennifer shaw said... (8/29/05 8:26 PM) Reply
Yay! It looks fantastic with the collar, Lori. Thanks for the tips and the wonderful review! The fabric is so gorgeous!!
Leora said... (8/29/05 4:23 PM) Reply
The first official review of 2562! I'm sure not the last. I am wondering how this compares to the polo in BWOF 5/2005. Your fabric doesn't look thin, I wouldn't have guessed it. Great review!
Hilary said... (8/29/05 7:28 AM) Reply
Cute shirt! I like your fabric :o)
ConnieBJ said... (8/29/05 7:26 AM) Reply
You beat me to a review of this one! I agree with the instruction issue totally - I thought it was me who made the mistake with the placket but it is true that you end up with raw placket edges if you are not careful. Great shirt
tigger said... (8/29/05 0:13 AM) Reply
Looks great - the fabric works really well. I'm making a Jalie order next week so this might be on the list now - thanks.
CarolynGM said... (8/28/05 8:35 PM) Reply
I'm so glad you reviewed this pattern -- I've been wondering about it. Yours looks great, and the shorter sleeve is a good idea.
QuickFade said... (8/28/05 8:00 PM) Reply
Thanks for the review! Very cute shirt. I'm coveting all the browns and blues now, so I'll add your shirt to the list of what I want. Very cute style the way you made it too!
Levone said... (8/28/05 7:48 PM) Reply
Cute shirt....great tips in your review also.
Tonia Van Dyk said... (8/28/05 7:21 PM) Reply
Great shirt Lori! This review is very timely for me as my copy of this pattern is waiting for me in a parcel at the post-office.
The Technique of Underlining Garments