Pattern Reviews> No Pattern Used> Rag quilt (Flannel rag quilt)

Reviewed by:Patti B

About Patti Bstarstarstarstar
Member since: 9/29/02
Posted on:9/5/05 7:18 PM

Patti B said... (9/19/05 8:35 AM) Reply
Georgene, you are right on target. You snip the seam allowances which are all to what will be the right side. The photo of the quilt before washing shows this best in the lower left edge by the black square. We snipped about 1/4 inch apart ... more or less. The back is just random flannel of the same designs and is smooth. So glad that you like it. Thanks to all for the kind comments.
Georgene said... (9/18/05 10:08 AM) Reply
I'm having a d'uh moment. Please explain a bit more what you are clipping. Are you sort of notching the seam allowance? And I'm also guessing that the backside is a clean finish with all the seams towards the front. I've never seen one of these, and I love it.
Yukon Joy said... (9/18/05 8:10 AM) Reply
Patti, your quilt looks great and I bet the newlyweds will just love it!! You are a loving aunt to do this for your neice. Wonderful article - it has given me more ideas and solutions to the quilt I want to make for my grand nephew
PJS said... (9/7/05 7:50 PM) Reply
That is a beautiful quilt. I've only heard of them this past week. A member of my Sunday School class makes them, and told me she uses flannel on both sides.
KarmenG said... (9/6/05 8:15 AM) Reply
Patti - this is beautiful. Looks like a lot of work. They will cherish it I'm sure.
mamamaia said... (9/6/05 6:00 AM) Reply
What a great idea and a wonderful gift!
PixieCat said... (9/6/05 4:53 AM) Reply
What a beautiful quilt! All that snipping sure paid off. The fuzzy border around each block looks great.
Mary Stiefer said... (9/5/05 10:03 PM) Reply
This is gorgeous. The married couple will think of you each winter evening that they cuddle up in this luscious quilt.
Patti B said... (9/5/05 8:06 PM) Reply
Hilary, osnaburg does make a thinner quilt and it's a little heavier than muslin. Really it's like homespun but of a medium weight.
Hilary said... (9/5/05 7:30 PM) Reply
What a wonderful quilt, Patti!! This is a great idea-does osnaburg make for a thinner quilt? I am imagining a muslin feel, but I'm not familiar with it so I have no idea. Anway, great job, I'm sure it will be loved and cuddled for many years to come :o)

Marfy 2502