Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 7086 (Shirt)

Reviewed by:joan

About joanstar
Member since: 1/4/03
Posted on:9/6/05 6:03 PM
Last Updated:9/6/05 7:03 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 5 people
PVA said... (9/7/05 5:12 PM) Reply
Joan, the others have said almost all but I want to say it looks like you've gotten the fit just right -- thans for the review.
ryan's mom said... (9/7/05 8:53 AM) Reply
Lovely top in a lovely color!
Danvillegirl said... (9/7/05 5:35 AM) Reply
I like orange and it made up nice for this blouse. Nice pattern. Like the sleeves as well.
jlg said... (9/7/05 5:05 AM) Reply
Very pretty on you. I like this color.
AnneM said... (9/7/05 4:51 AM) Reply
Very nice top, great style on you.
joan said... (9/7/05 3:49 AM) Reply
Jennifer, I didn't sew all of these in the last few days. They were UFO's and were in various stages of completion.
Kathy Russell said... (9/6/05 11:46 PM) Reply
Your shirt came out so good. It looks very rtw and the fabric is very trendy too. I have this pattern and have started working on a muslin.
Cambric Tea said... (9/6/05 9:18 PM) Reply
Nice shirt! Looks terrific! And I want to "me too" your observation about fusible and stretch fabrics. I have ruined things some nice things.
Jennifer shaw said... (9/6/05 8:55 PM) Reply
Wow, you are on a roll! Seriously this is a wonderful shirt style and super color on you! Thank you for your review.
Mini said... (9/6/05 7:59 PM) Reply
This is really flattering style. Orange seems to be in a lot of the fall catalogs, so you will be ahead of the trend. I think that the lycra content may have affected the easability of the sleeve cap. lycra is a form of rubber, and it doesn't respond to steam shrinking. I would reduce the cap a teeny bit for a lycra blend, but an all natural fiber might be okay as is.
Mary Stiefer said... (9/6/05 6:43 PM) Reply
I think this looks great. And I, too, like the sleeve detail. I'll have to pick this up when Simplicity patterns are on sale.
joan said... (9/6/05 6:08 PM) Reply
I notice the front centers in the photo look like they are not even, but they really are in real life. I shoulda' checked the photo more carefully before downloading it.

Kwik Sew 2895