Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8912 (Tunic)

Reviewed by:joan

About joanstar
Member since: 1/4/03
Posted on:9/10/05 2:22 PM
Last Updated:9/10/05 2:28 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 4 people

GalaxyJane said... (12/4/08 9:39 PM) Reply
I have this pattern. I made it 15 or so years ago in black challis rayon and gave it silver buttons. I wore it out, it was so comfortable. I'm sorry it didn't work for you.
joan said... (9/28/05 10:37 AM) Reply
Thanks, Ann and Mini for your encouragement to not give up on this pattern and especially the neckline ideas. The neckline did appeal to me. I will dig it our of my bag of "Goodwill bound" give-aways.
Mini said... (9/28/05 1:06 AM) Reply
The fit definitely looks skimpy in the chest and shoulders-odd because Vogue can sometimes run large. You might want to recycle the collar and neckline to use with another pattern, as they are flattering, even if you don't like the rest of the pattern.
annsew65 said... (9/27/05 10:31 AM) Reply
Joan, I've made this top a couple of times as an overblouse (sleeveless shell underneath) and really love it. It looks really nice, but I'm sure since we can't feel the fit like you do, we can't comprehend your discomfort! Try it again in a different fabric if you like it otherwise. I love the neckline - that's what sold me the pattern.
ryan's mom said... (9/11/05 1:54 PM) Reply
Although this seemed to be a less-than-fave project for you, it is a nice-looking tunic in the photo.
AnneM said... (9/11/05 8:07 AM) Reply
Cute tuni - great fabric.
bunz said... (9/10/05 9:29 PM) Reply
Thanks for showing us Hong Kong in such a freeing fashion -- no color match worries!! And why should there be? :-)
layla said... (9/10/05 7:01 PM) Reply
I love the fabric ..can you make a jacket out of it ( bring the bottons all the way down)...wear with with a sleeveless tan or brown shell underneath?
layla said... (9/10/05 6:58 PM) Reply
I love the fabric ..can you make a jacket out of it ( bring the buttons all the way down)...wear with with a sleeveless tan or brown shell underneath?
tigger said... (9/10/05 5:05 PM) Reply
I do like the fabric - and know what you mean about making something out of the wrong fabric - although your tunic does look good!
ReneeSews said... (9/10/05 3:24 PM) Reply
I like your tunic, you did a good job on it! I wonder if it would work for you if you wore a light weight top under it and left it un-buttoned, maybe some side slits?
Pattern Work
Pattern Work

Favorite Things V037

by: mlclements

by: Demerara

Sew Chic Fifth Avenue Dress Pattern (ln1311)

Sew Chic Fifth Avenue Dress Pattern (ln1311)

Sewing Workshop Urban T-Shirt & Pants Pattern