Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 2634 (Basic Design Top)

Reviewed by:MaryBeth

About MaryBethstarstarstar
USA
Member since: 1/1/03
Posted on:9/11/05 1:23 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 14 people
Mini said... (4/2/06 5:57 PM) Reply
Thanks for the review and pictures. I saw this in the catalog, and wondered how it would look in real life. I use a Vogue 18, and wanted to see this shirt on someone similar. It looks so good! I especially like the long version, which looks more flattering than the usual big shirt.
AnneM said... (9/20/05 4:41 AM) Reply
Nice tops, great review. Good suggestion to work some of the techniques on a slightly less fitted version of a top pattern.
ryan's mom said... (9/12/05 8:19 AM) Reply
I like all your tops, especially the long one. You're right--this is a workhorse of a pattern!
Danvillegirl said... (9/12/05 6:09 AM) Reply
Nice looking tops!
Hilary said... (9/11/05 9:44 PM) Reply
Pretty shirts! I really like the sleeveless one especially-it looks so cool and comfortable!
els said... (9/11/05 5:53 PM) Reply
Great looking blouses, you found the perfect pattern for these.
PVA said... (9/11/05 5:46 PM) Reply
Thanks for this review, Mary Beth. This pattern is really a winner & you've made the most of all the possibilities! I like the fitting work you've done -- great results!
bunz said... (9/11/05 4:34 PM) Reply
You've really nailed this one, MB. They look great! Thanks for bringing up this pattern - hadn't noticed it.
Mary Stiefer said... (9/11/05 4:27 PM) Reply
What a great looking top. I love the fact that different fabrics make a big change in how this looks. Great job.
drsue said... (9/11/05 4:18 PM) Reply
I'm amazed at how different all the tops look. Great work!
Georgene said... (9/11/05 3:05 PM) Reply
Excellent review, and excellent results. Looks like 3 times is the charm, and now you've got it down. We could all learn from your stick-to-itiveness with this pattern. Looking forward to seeing a few more versions of this from you :-)
Lisa Laree said... (9/11/05 2:46 PM) Reply
Thanks, MaryBeth! This pattern has been in my stash for absolute ages but I haven't tried it yet. I've pulled it out several times, but for some reason have always opted to do something else. I needed a reminder to get it out again... ;)
Debbie Cook said... (9/11/05 2:45 PM) Reply
MB, they are all great, but I especially like the smock. The colors are great on you. I also don't think it looks like a Big Shirt because it's fitted at your shoulders/armholes. I think it's much more contemporary than you're giving it credit. Sort of like the shorter trenches that are so popular.
HawkeMorningStar7 said... (9/11/05 2:12 PM) Reply
What great pattern, you can do so many things with it. I especially like the batiste shirt. Very informative review.

BurdaStyle Magazine 01-2014-122