Online Sewing Class: Understanding Knit Fabrics

Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 2634 (Basic Design Top)

Reviewed by:MaryBeth

About MaryBethstarstarstar
USA
Member since: 1/1/03
Posted on:9/11/05 1:23 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 14 people
Mini said... (4/2/06 5:57 PM) Reply
Thanks for the review and pictures. I saw this in the catalog, and wondered how it would look in real life. I use a Vogue 18, and wanted to see this shirt on someone similar. It looks so good! I especially like the long version, which looks more flattering than the usual big shirt.
AnneM said... (9/20/05 4:41 AM) Reply
Nice tops, great review. Good suggestion to work some of the techniques on a slightly less fitted version of a top pattern.
ryan's mom said... (9/12/05 8:19 AM) Reply
I like all your tops, especially the long one. You're right--this is a workhorse of a pattern!
Danvillegirl said... (9/12/05 6:09 AM) Reply
Nice looking tops!
Hilary said... (9/11/05 9:44 PM) Reply
Pretty shirts! I really like the sleeveless one especially-it looks so cool and comfortable!
els said... (9/11/05 5:53 PM) Reply
Great looking blouses, you found the perfect pattern for these.
PVA said... (9/11/05 5:46 PM) Reply
Thanks for this review, Mary Beth. This pattern is really a winner & you've made the most of all the possibilities! I like the fitting work you've done -- great results!
bunz said... (9/11/05 4:34 PM) Reply
You've really nailed this one, MB. They look great! Thanks for bringing up this pattern - hadn't noticed it.
Mary Stiefer said... (9/11/05 4:27 PM) Reply
What a great looking top. I love the fact that different fabrics make a big change in how this looks. Great job.
drsue said... (9/11/05 4:18 PM) Reply
I'm amazed at how different all the tops look. Great work!
Georgene said... (9/11/05 3:05 PM) Reply
Excellent review, and excellent results. Looks like 3 times is the charm, and now you've got it down. We could all learn from your stick-to-itiveness with this pattern. Looking forward to seeing a few more versions of this from you :-)
Lisa Laree said... (9/11/05 2:46 PM) Reply
Thanks, MaryBeth! This pattern has been in my stash for absolute ages but I haven't tried it yet. I've pulled it out several times, but for some reason have always opted to do something else. I needed a reminder to get it out again... ;)
Debbie Cook said... (9/11/05 2:45 PM) Reply
MB, they are all great, but I especially like the smock. The colors are great on you. I also don't think it looks like a Big Shirt because it's fitted at your shoulders/armholes. I think it's much more contemporary than you're giving it credit. Sort of like the shorter trenches that are so popular.
HawkeMorningStar7 said... (9/11/05 2:12 PM) Reply
What great pattern, you can do so many things with it. I especially like the batiste shirt. Very informative review.

Sew Liberated Mei Tai Baby Carrier

Sew Liberated Mei Tai Baby Carrier

Sew Chic Phantom Jacket and Pant Pattern (ln1106)

Sew Chic Phantom Jacket and Pant Pattern (ln1106)