Pattern Reviews> Favorite Things> 050 (Wallet)

Reviewed by:Mary Stiefer

About Mary Stieferstarstarstarstar
CO USA
Member since: 2/17/03
Posted on:9/11/05 6:57 PM
Last Updated:9/13/05 8:56 AM
See other patterns in this category: Accessories
Penny Carlson said... (9/22/05 12:28 PM) Reply
After struggling through Leslie Gladman's Wallet Purse, this was a treat! Oh, not that the W.P. was really difficult, but it turned out to be too small for my purposes. I picked up this pattern at a quilt show, and I actually had enough fabric left from the piece I'd purchased for the W.P. to make it. Much, much simpler to put together. I love the credit card holders; just one big piece with a zillion folds in it. And there are more than enough places to hold all your stuff. As mentioned above, it's better to hand-sew the second side of the binding down. I loved making this - it was quick and easy, and since I've been trying to figure out how to make a wallet for ages, I will definitely be making them for everyone I know...gambling print for my sister, a funky batik for college-age DD, and a tennis print for my high-school team DD.
SewVeryTall said... (9/14/05 6:58 AM) Reply
This is a very nice wallet, and great that you could show different photos/views of it...the beads on the outside really make it.
PVA said... (9/13/05 4:05 PM) Reply
Thanks for this review, your wallet is wonderful! The bias application looks perfect! (Bless the one who came up with wonder tape!) I also thank you for the photos of the construction process. Really helpful!
AnneFromLambourn said... (9/13/05 10:32 AM) Reply
Smart wallets, I hope your friends appreciate them :)
debbieB said... (9/12/05 6:27 PM) Reply
That is great!
Irene Q said... (9/12/05 8:28 AM) Reply
Really nice - thanks for all the pictures of the inside, too!
Katharine in BXL said... (9/11/05 11:06 PM) Reply
Nice wallet! Your friends will be quite lucky. Good on you for "sticking" through all that, especially the basting. Big 4 companies ought to get with the program and update their instructions to say "Baste or Wonder Tape..." to save us all the trouble.
Elona said... (9/11/05 8:37 PM) Reply
This came out really cute!
Map said... (9/11/05 8:31 PM) Reply
First of all I would never think to make a wallet. So much inspiration on this web site. The bias tape looks sewn to perfection. Great project. Maureen

Understanding Wool Fabrics