Online Sewing Class: Create a Jacket Muslin

Last Updated:9/25/05 1:53 PM

nancy2001 said... (6/1/09 11:43 AM) Reply
duplicate
nancy2001 said... (6/1/09 11:42 AM) Reply
Gorgeous jacket. I'm thinking about ordering this OOP pattern from ebay, and your review is extremely helpful.
firsthays said... (8/8/08 11:35 PM) Reply
Nice! I'm getting this in the mail in two days, thought I'd see if I made good choice, thanks for the review!
inkstain said... (1/21/08 10:29 AM) Reply
Your taste is Grade A, and I love all your choices of fabric and cut. Nothing home-made about your wardrobe and this is another excellent item.
ellen55 said... (9/20/07 11:34 PM) Reply
It's gorgeous! I ran out and bought the same pattern and am till looking for the right fabric, but alas, I think I may be too busty for this style. Well nothing ventured, nothing gained, right? Thanks for the great tips.
ceejen said... (8/26/07 9:11 PM) Reply
I have not made this pattern yet, but will keep in mind all the fitting problems you discussed.
ceejen said... (8/26/07 9:11 PM) Reply
Nerys said... (9/18/06 4:22 PM) Reply
I am worried about easing the sleeve into the armscye. There is over 3" of difference between them and that usually spells trouble. I was going to cut and slash some the ease out of the sleeve cap. I am now rethinking my plan based on your comment that the sleeves went in without a hitch. Gorgeous work, btw!
regine said... (4/30/06 1:00 PM) Reply
What a magnificent jacket, material, workmanship, style. You obviously put in a great deal of effort and it shows.
AnneM said... (9/28/05 3:42 PM) Reply
Lovely jacket. And what a great fabric you found.
KarmenG said... (9/27/05 11:49 PM) Reply
That is one gorgeous jacket. Beautiful job. You do such impressive work. I also bought the pattern and will refer to your review when it's time to begin it.
jlg said... (9/26/05 5:23 AM) Reply
This is a fabulous jacket. You did a wonderful job.
PVA said... (9/25/05 10:59 PM) Reply
Beautiful result! Thanks for the review -- I love the fabrics & the loop closure. It's all-over effect is *very* "High-End"!
lmg said... (9/25/05 7:27 PM) Reply
Wow, wow, wow! This pattern grabbed my attention too. How was the fit? Thanks for the instructive review.
Lisa Laree said... (9/25/05 7:20 PM) Reply
Fabulous jacket! I have to admit that every time I look at that envelope I think "Stepford Wives" and just can't appreciate the jacket on it...yours is much more appealing! :D
LBJ said... (9/25/05 5:16 PM) Reply
the jacket and the top look so good together. I love the bias effect of the top. Very classy and very expensive looking!
Georgene said... (9/21/05 8:56 AM) Reply
The 747 lapels are rather extreme on this pattern. Your version turned out nice in spite of that. I'd love to see a photo you in the ensemble when its done.
hongkongshopper said... (9/21/05 0:43 AM) Reply
Great review! I was wondering about the one piece sleeve when I looked at the pattern. Good idea to substitute.
LBJ said... (9/20/05 8:33 PM) Reply
Gorgeous jacket! Thanks for the great review!
PhyllisC said... (9/20/05 8:10 PM) Reply
Oh good! I'm really happy to see a review of this pattern - it's on my wish list.
Tonia Van Dyk said... (9/20/05 7:25 PM) Reply
Lovely job, Kay. This pattern is very timely for me, as I just purchased this pattern yesterday. You're right, the fabric on the envelope is very appealing, but you've managed to do an excellent job with yours too!
Tonia Van Dyk said... (9/20/05 6:34 PM) Reply
Lovely job, Kay. This review is very timely for me, as I just purchased this pattern yesterday. You're right, the fabric on the envelope is very appealing, but you've managed to do an excellent job with yours too!
SueV said... (9/20/05 10:50 AM) Reply
very nice; I have this pattern and love the style; yours is beautiful, nicely constructed and great review.
cindyann said... (9/20/05 9:50 AM) Reply
Just wonderful! Thank you for the great review too.
ryan's mom said... (9/20/05 7:52 AM) Reply
What a great, thorough review with a beautiful jacket!
MaryBeth said... (9/20/05 7:50 AM) Reply
I bought this pattern right away also being drawn to the jacket and stopped short to find the right fabric as well. Thanks for your review and all the ins and outs of producing such a lovely jacket.
GorgeousFabrics said... (9/20/05 6:31 AM) Reply
Lovely job, as always! -Ann
MarilynB said... (9/20/05 5:44 AM) Reply
What a lovely jacket. I also bought this pattern when it first came out because I had a fabric in my stash which was similar to the one used on the envelope. Thanks for all the warnings on this pattern. Also, thanks for the reminder about the sleeve tip from Karmeng.
CarolynKEll said... (9/20/05 4:53 AM) Reply
Kay This is a stunningly gorgeous jacket, thanks so much for your detailed constrction techniques. I have added this one to my list.
Nickle said... (9/20/05 4:28 AM) Reply
Beautiful jacket and very good review.
Danvillegirl said... (9/20/05 4:13 AM) Reply
Your description of buying a pattern and realizing you liked the look in the catalogue but otherwise disappointed is rather true for a lot of patterns I buy. Your jacket is lovely and would display very well in a magazine. Excellent job, looks great.
touran said... (9/19/05 10:23 PM) Reply
Beautiful work and great review as always. What a lovely fabric for the style.
Cambric Tea said... (9/19/05 10:20 PM) Reply
That was a very instructive review, Kay Y, thank you so much! I know that when the time comes for me to make a jacket I will remember your tip about the bias organza in the sleeves. Your jacket is wonderful!
Patti B said... (9/19/05 9:52 PM) Reply
That IS fabulous fabric for your fabulous jacket. Beautiful job and excellent review.
Mary Stiefer said... (9/19/05 9:36 PM) Reply
What a gorgeous jacket. The color is great and the detailing is fantastic.
melgosews said... (9/19/05 9:07 PM) Reply
Very nice jacket! I have this pattern and find your review quite helpful. Thanks!
Kim Winson said... (9/19/05 9:07 PM) Reply
Beautiful jacket! Thanks for the thorough review!

by: Cosso