Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> V2802 (BELLVILLE SASSOON Dress)

Reviewed by:pear

About pear
Member since: 9/19/05
Posted on:9/19/05 3:29 PM
Last Updated:9/19/05 3:29 PM
Review Rating: Needs More Info by 1 people    Very Helpful by 1 people
blonde65 said... (6/6/11 5:21 AM) Reply
I have made this dress and so has my sister. We both rolled hemmed the ruffels on our overlockers. The dress worked out really well for both of us. The straps are are off the shoulder, but very stiff and don't move at all.
psayli said... (3/5/06 4:35 PM) Reply
Very helpful...will probably try a different pattern for next xmas formal
pear said... (10/12/05 12:56 PM) Reply
Hello twisted angel, I cut out a size 14, and I fit the pattern measurements exactly, that is what is so strange. I am still workin gon this dress periodicaly. At this point I am reworking the bodice so the straps will be on the shoulder. Little nips and tucks here and there, and hopefully I will be able to get the shell to match up with my bodice alterations. I am hoping to get it done for halloween, I will probaly skip some of the ruffles. Oh, my issues with the ruffle sketches- They have the rolled edge sketches put in "detail oval" and I was thinking they were showing the ruffles when they were just showing the stitching detail. I will post a pic when I get it done. It won't be much like the pattern at that point. It is a difficult dress to wear. It has boning which runs through the straps to keep them in place. They were uncomfortable and I removed them last night. My purpose for this dress is for fun, so it needs to be a bit active. If this was going to be a wedding dress, or super formal dress, I think it could suffice. Here's hoping it comes together well enough for a costume!
candyo said... (9/23/05 8:27 PM) Reply
I have this pattern, but I doubt I'll ever be brave enough to make it.
Georgene said... (9/20/05 2:55 PM) Reply
A boned bodice supports the dress. If you want to support your chest, you need a proper strapless bra. Please look at Susan Khalje's "Bridal Couture" for hints on how to sew formal and /or strapless dresses. Not just for bridal! Good luck!
bonny said... (9/20/05 2:51 PM) Reply
Hmmm... that was strange. I tried to post a link to the pattern, but it didn't come out. And the [edit] link leads me to the pattern page! Anyway, the dress looks spectacular. Too bad it's giving you so much trouble.
bonny said... (9/20/05 2:45 PM) Reply
I was curious and looked up the pattern:
GorgeousFabrics said... (9/19/05 4:36 PM) Reply
Can you post a link to the Vogue Pattern? That would make it easier for the lazy amongst us to get an idea of which pattern this is. -Ann
twistedangel said... (9/19/05 4:13 PM) Reply
Hi Pear, what size did you cut, and what do you measure? This would be very helpful in preventing us from making the same error!!

BurdaStyle Magazine 01-2014-122