Pattern Reviews> Textile Studio> 1001 (Basic Pant)

Reviewed by:Danvillegirl

About Danvillegirlstarstarstarstar
Member since: 7/6/03
Posted on:9/19/05 6:32 PM
Pattern Size:Regular Petite

Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people    Very Helpful by 6 people
See other patterns in this category: Pants
Danvillegirl said... (9/21/05 4:01 AM) Reply
Marrs, I have never thought of pre-washing elastic. Good suggestion, wouldn't hurt to try. Elizabetha, I did steam them and did see some physical drawing up but hopefully when washed will shrink a little more. I think the pants are similar to LH "basic pant". Since she was partner with TS at the time these pants came on the market they probably are. I think LH pants may be a little more tapered, hard to tell though.
Elisabetha said... (9/20/05 11:21 AM) Reply
Linda Great pants; are these the same as the Loes Hinse basic pants? Re the 'growing' elastic;I read somewhere that lots of steam from the iron held above the elastic will bring it back to the original size.
Marrs said... (9/20/05 10:51 AM) Reply
Linda, You might find after washing that the elastic fits better. This has been the case for me in my last two pair of pants. This suggests one of two things 1)pre-wash elastic 2) the elastic gets very stretched out in the construction phase and recovery needs help.
Danvillegirl said... (9/19/05 8:33 PM) Reply
Actually, IMHO, it does taper some but not a lot. I ended up taking 3/4 seam from below pocket to knee as the fullness through that area was too much for me. By doing that I think the pant now looks like a slimmer cut. What I really like is the back dart,which makes it more fitted through the back.
MaryBeth said... (9/19/05 8:05 PM) Reply
Interesting review, Linda. The pattern photo suggests a very full leg but your front view looks nice and well tapered. I hope you do this pant again until you get it fitted the way you'd like. Looks like you've made great progress so far! hehehehehe, bunz, we posted at the same time with the same concern, different conclusion, so, Linda, what do you think?
bunz said... (9/19/05 8:00 PM) Reply
Have had this in my stash forever, also. It looks like it tapers to the ankle on her photo -- did you find that?

More Knits
More Knits

Victoria Jones Collection Happi Coat & Hanten (230)

Victoria Jones Collection Happi Coat & Hanten (230)

Sew Liberated Paloma Top, Tunic & Dress Pattern