Online Sewing Class: Understanding Knit Fabrics

Pattern Reviews> Loes Hinse Designs> 5203 (Cowl Top)

Viewed 2031 times
Reviewed by:Patti B

About Patti Bstarstarstarstar
Member since: 9/29/02
Posted on:9/20/05 9:26 AM
Last Updated:10/3/05 7:32 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 4 people

dregan said... (10/16/07 7:51 PM) Reply
When you removed an inch from the shoulder-arm length so would fall off shoulder, did you have to change the sleeve? add or take anything off of it?
Gigi Louis said... (10/4/05 9:06 AM) Reply
So pretty! I love the color. I know what you mean about Loes' patters. Last year my friend tried to talk me out of buying the Gore Skirt pattern. It has turned out to be one of my favorites. :-)
Patti B said... (10/4/05 8:38 AM) Reply
Joan the slinky came from Stone Mountain & Daughter in Berkeley. I bought it just about 6 weeks ago so they may still have some. Thanks for all of the kind remarks. I know I will enjoy wearing all of the pieces.
KarmenG said... (10/3/05 11:07 PM) Reply
You must be so happy with the outfit. It is lovely. You are right about LH patterns.
PegL said... (10/3/05 8:46 PM) Reply
Very pretty outfit!! The color is very good on you! I also love Loes Hinse patterns.
joan said... (10/3/05 8:41 PM) Reply
Love your top and skirt. They both look very nice on you. Where did you get your slinky...like that color? I agree with your comment about Loes' patterns. I have been sewing the Bolero Jacket of hers today.
Tesla121 said... (10/2/05 8:05 AM) Reply
You look great in the top. Very flattering!
2ndHnd Rose said... (9/21/05 8:15 PM) Reply
Your top looks great on you. Love that fabric. Thanks for the tips and a very informative review.
PegL said... (9/21/05 8:12 PM) Reply
Great top! Love the fabric!
JDpenelope said... (9/21/05 9:12 AM) Reply
Beautiful work - The simple design suits the fabric so well. I like drop sleeves, but want to avoid too loose-fitting designs. Looks like you have overcome that drawback with your excellent fitting adjustments.
Danvillegirl said... (9/21/05 4:08 AM) Reply
Lovely fabric. Made up so nice in this top. I have that same morbid fear simply because some things I make have come out too small. Top looks very nice on you.
SewVeryTall said... (9/21/05 3:49 AM) Reply
Great looking/fitting top, Patty. That neckline is really flattering on you. I kept reading your review, expecting to find some info about how you'd pieced the fabric, and bias piecing of the top, etc...wow, so this is just how the fabric was to start with? ...very cool!
Cambric Tea said... (9/20/05 11:29 PM) Reply
All your changes really paid off, that's a wonderful fit. I love your color combination.
LBJ said... (9/20/05 8:24 PM) Reply
Very pretty. I love the fabric!
KarmenG said... (9/20/05 8:09 PM) Reply
Nice top and informative review. Thanks for the ideas
AnneM said... (9/20/05 6:32 PM) Reply
Neat fabric, nice top.
jlg said... (9/20/05 6:30 PM) Reply
Great looking top. Very becoming.
librarylady said... (9/20/05 5:17 PM) Reply
ooooh, that's gorgeous. I have this pattern but haven't tried it yet. Now I will! I'm intrigued by the wooly nylon/looser tension solution. Thanks for a great review.
Nickle said... (9/20/05 5:11 PM) Reply
Love you top it looks great on you. I just love the fabric also.
Mini said... (9/20/05 2:05 PM) Reply
Nice adaptation. The 3/4 sleeves and shorter length look very up to date. I have used this pattern a lot, and also kept making these too big for some reason. Smaller is more flattering.
SueV said... (9/20/05 11:17 AM) Reply
very nice; love that fabric. Looks good on you.
Elona said... (9/20/05 10:57 AM) Reply
Very pretty, Patti! I love this top, and no matter what other tee patterns I buy (waaaay too many!), I keep coming back to this one. BTW, Loes says everyone starts out making her tees one size too large.
Georgene said... (9/20/05 10:40 AM) Reply
Lookin' good! Your tweaks take it to another level of fit, much more flattering.
Mary Stiefer said... (9/20/05 10:24 AM) Reply
WOW - this looks great and the fabric really compliments the style. Very nice.

by: STARG