Online Sewing Class: Fit the Tee to a T

Pattern Reviews> Textile Studio> 1203 (Tank Top and Shell)

Viewed 1993 times
Reviewed by:LBJ

About LBJstar
PA USA
Member since: 4/1/04
Posted on:9/21/05 4:24 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 14 people
Mary Rose said... (3/28/08 3:39 AM) Reply
It is a helpful review--I want view#3!
AnneM said... (9/28/05 5:01 AM) Reply
I love that top #3 fabric! Nice tops. Perhaps you just need to start w/ a smaller size?
madcap85 said... (9/23/05 7:22 PM) Reply
Great review. I like your comment about the independents. You are right about too much ease, which I found out too late to make major fixes. I have only used one independent (Revisions) but I am getting the feeling a muslin is mandatory. Actually, I have also made several MacPhee patterns, but hers do not have excessive ease.
sue77 said... (9/22/05 10:22 PM) Reply
looks great, and I love the choice of fabric! It still looks better than all of my tops so far, so I'm jealous!
PhyllisC said... (9/22/05 9:21 PM) Reply
Wow - I love 'em all...and your Cleome are spectacular too!
Deepika said... (9/22/05 7:55 PM) Reply
Ooohhh! love all your tank tops. Your taste in fabrics is amazing. They look so much more than just tank tops. Love them!
2BSewing said... (9/22/05 5:32 PM) Reply
Your tank tops are beautiful and I like your fabric selections. Nice job!
Liana said... (9/22/05 1:48 PM) Reply
What nice-looking tops, and how hard you worked to get there! Very pretty, and isn't it nice to have a TNT pattern now? Great garden, too!
Hilary said... (9/22/05 9:51 AM) Reply
All your tanks are so pretty! And you have such a beautiful garden-Thanks for all the pictures and details!
dbsewer said... (9/22/05 9:48 AM) Reply
I wonder if you found the armholes gape. I made a muslin of this top and the fit was just awful through the bust/armhole. I'd love more details on how you scooped out the armholes 'cause yours fit great. Beautiful tops. Even your "wadder" looks better than the results I've seen from this patterns.
ryan's mom said... (9/22/05 7:51 AM) Reply
You've really been hard at work, LBJ! All your tops look great, IMO, although the more fitted ones really highlight your fabulous figure. I like the changes you made and your tops look great!
Danvillegirl said... (9/22/05 4:22 AM) Reply
I like all versions of your top.
sew2little said... (9/21/05 10:16 PM) Reply
Your "revisions" of the shell seem to have worked out better than the tank--which I have made and am not impressed with. All your versions are very pretty!
touran said... (9/21/05 9:46 PM) Reply
Thanks for a very useful review of the pattern. I've come to a similar conclusion as yours, that indies tend to run big.
bunz said... (9/21/05 9:10 PM) Reply
Thanks for showing us that persistence pays off!!
PegL said... (9/21/05 8:18 PM) Reply
I wouldn't have know this was the TS top if you hadn't said so! Yours all look so much better than others I've seen from this pattern! Good job on making it work for you! Great review!
PegL said... (9/21/05 8:16 PM) Reply
I wouldn't have known this was the TS top if you hadn't said so! Your tops all look so much better than others I've seen from this pattern! Good job on making it work for you! Great review!
Annette H said... (9/21/05 5:52 PM) Reply
Wow! And your pictures and fabrics are so much better than the original.
mamakooz said... (9/21/05 5:36 PM) Reply
Your hard work really paid off with beautiful results!
lindrix said... (9/21/05 5:21 PM) Reply
thanks for the great pix and thoroughness! Makes all the difference in a review.
Cambric Tea said... (9/21/05 4:33 PM) Reply
What a great review! You and your tops and your garden are all beautiful. (You must get so many butterflies!)

All About Linings