Online Sewing Class: Altering Jackets

Pattern Reviews> Self Drafted Pattern> 3246-1002 (evening wear)

Reviewed by:els

Last Updated:4/10/10 8:17 PM

no7262 said... (4/11/10 7:03 AM) Reply
I wish I could see it, the picture link is broken Nora :(
Sweet P said... (9/9/07 1:10 PM) Reply
I stumbled across this site today and quickly joined. I realize this dress was posted two years ago but just had to comment. This is a beautiful dress! It fits the model perfectly. Your instructions are very helpful. Thank you for being thorough.
Tany said... (3/12/07 9:08 AM) Reply
Els, this is the best review I've ever read here on PR! I will save all this info because this review is a great knowledge source for me. Your dress is perfect and I have no words to describe my admiration for your work.
cindyann said... (3/31/06 10:54 AM) Reply
Once again, I missed this. I've been asked to do some formal wear for a friends daughter. After seeing this masterpiece, I'm beginning to get terrified. Your skill is amazing. You are my sewing hero.
Carina said... (10/15/05 12:47 PM) Reply
If I didn't say it before - it's absolut smashing!
Georgene said... (10/15/05 10:37 AM) Reply
Yes, Els - it's time to change your rating, and stop hiding your light under a bushel! If you don't feel you are at an expert sewing level yet, you *are* at an expert patternmaking level. This ensemble is really wonderful and I love your bustier tutorial. Where did you learn this built-in bust shaping technique?
Sew it seams said... (10/15/05 10:07 AM) Reply
Absolutely fabulous! Thank you so much Els, for the wonderful tutorial. I will be printing and saving this for future reference! Congratulations!!
Annika said... (10/15/05 9:37 AM) Reply
Yayyy! Your outfit is fantastic! I love how the skirt flows when she is walking. The color choice is perfect!
SewingSkater said... (10/12/05 6:35 AM) Reply
Perfect! I love the color, what a beautiful dress!!
Jill Giard said... (10/11/05 7:04 PM) Reply
Great review! Congratulations on your prize!
els said... (10/11/05 5:53 PM) Reply
Thank you all for the nice comments and congratulations. drsue, It was made only to take part of the competition so there was no client who order it and pay for it either, I will keep the outfit and shoes just to take a peek once in a while.
Gilraen Surion said... (10/11/05 4:36 PM) Reply
Agreeing with all comments but in Dutch. Schitterend!!
SouthernStitch said... (10/11/05 3:51 PM) Reply
Oh how elegant - I LOVE that pic of your niece walking the runway!! This is just too cool. Thanks for sharing.
CarrieA said... (10/11/05 12:12 PM) Reply
I'm speechless. Thank you for detailing your creative process and showing what real couture looks like! Beautiful.
Cambric Tea said... (10/11/05 11:16 AM) Reply
Els, you've created a masterpiece. Hooray for Els!
pharmercoon said... (10/11/05 10:30 AM) Reply
You were robbed!---there is no way that 1st prize was any better!! It is sturnning!Thanks for sharing your expertise! Kay
PVA said... (10/11/05 9:55 AM) Reply
Ohmygosh, the dress is just absolutely beautiful! I just can't find enough words! Please, Els, heed Ann & Phyllis's request to upgrads your skills. This review certainly shows that you've earned it! Congratulations on your 2nd prize!
sherri2sew said... (10/11/05 9:35 AM) Reply
awe inspiring!
PhyllisC said... (10/11/05 9:02 AM) Reply
Els - really my dear - I beg you to change your rating. Pretty please? :o) ...and your review is an *excellent* tutorial on making this type of garment.
Sew4Fun said... (10/11/05 7:52 AM) Reply
Stunning!! I adore the colour and the tulle you used! I love your idea of adding an extra section of lining under the zipper to take some of the stress, and I am also impressed with how you snapped the bottom of the zipper in place. I saw Karl Ludwig's collection recently and he did the same thing. It is such an ingenious idea and yet so simple. Congrats on 2nd prize.
ConnieBJ said... (10/11/05 7:39 AM) Reply
ELs that is simply beautiful - congratulations on the 2nd place prize!
GorgeousFabrics said... (10/11/05 7:37 AM) Reply
All I can say is WOW!!! That is stunning. So when are you going to finally 'fess up and change your rating to Expert/Couture? -Ann
Nickle said... (10/11/05 7:14 AM) Reply
What a beautiful gown and enjoyed your review. Congrats on your award.
Susan Dryer said... (10/11/05 6:32 AM) Reply
Congratulations on winning a prize. The ensemble is gorgeous. I enjoyed reading your informative review.
MaryBeth said... (10/11/05 6:30 AM) Reply
Yay!!! Congratulations els!!! I love the lines of the bustier and the flow of the skirt. This is a very special dress and fits your niece so very well. I hope she'll have the need to wear it someplace special. Thanks for all the details and photos you've shared, I'll be referring to it should I ever have to make an evening gown.
2muchfabric said... (10/11/05 6:23 AM) Reply
Absolutley gorgeous dress and very helpful review. Thank you so much for explaining your work, and for all the tips and photos. Congratulations on your prize!
ClaireC said... (10/11/05 5:02 AM) Reply
What a gorgeous, stunning outfit. Your niece had the perfect figure to show this to its best advantage. Congratulations on 2nd prize. You should have rec'd 1st prize
AnneM said... (10/11/05 4:16 AM) Reply
Wonderful. Absolutely love the colors. The skirt is great in motion as well, based on your catwalk picture.
Maychi said... (10/11/05 2:41 AM) Reply
Stunning! I'm in awe! I truly admire your drafting and sewing skills.
Eli said... (10/11/05 2:17 AM) Reply
I admire your knowledge, talent and skills... I only wish one day I can a bit measure up... Gorgeous.....
Asa Hagstrom said... (10/11/05 1:41 AM) Reply
Oh Els, that outfit is stunning! I'm so glad to hear that you had time to make something for the competition! I'm sure they gave you a first prize - right? Thank you for showing us all the pictures and the detailed steps.
Siberia said... (10/11/05 0:53 AM) Reply
This is such a pretty dress. I really admire people who can draft their own patterns--it seems like magic to me!
Marita Kinnula said... (10/11/05 0:46 AM) Reply
Els, thank you for a great review, the outfit is perfect!!!
CatherineN said... (10/11/05 0:16 AM) Reply
Beautiful .
KarmenG said... (10/10/05 11:26 PM) Reply
SOOOO Wonderful!!! Such Eye Candy! Love it! Beautiful color. Thanks for all the details on the waist treatment - something I will try. Did you win the competition?
Mary Stiefer said... (10/10/05 10:48 PM) Reply
Oh my gosh - this looks great.
casken said... (10/10/05 10:39 PM) Reply
Very beautiful! Love the colour of the fabric.
drsue said... (10/10/05 10:34 PM) Reply
What a fabulous dress! What lucky girl is going to get it?
Ladyslipper said... (10/10/05 10:26 PM) Reply
Absolutely gorgeous. Thanks for the very detailed review.

by: SewLibra