Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 5876 (75th Anniversary Evening Gowns)

Reviewed by:Ali UK

About Ali UK
NA UNITED KINGDOM
Member since: 5/26/04
Sewing skills:Advanced Beginner
Posted on:10/9/05 8:14 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 3 people
Ronnyca21 said... (4/29/06 6:42 PM) Reply
Did you use a lining with this dress? If so, what type of lining. I can't wait for the photos
squirrellypoo said... (2/9/06 11:37 AM) Reply
I also made this pattern, in black satin, with the back flounces. I absolutely love this dress and it's a real shame that it's now out of print! You can see photos of mine at http://www.thanatopsic.org/craftster/ but I'm too shy to post a full review!
J.Moules said... (1/29/06 7:59 AM) Reply
Did you just lop the pattern off @ knee, or fold to reduce length at some higher point? I have this pattern and hoped it would work at knee length. You sound very adventurous.
shard said... (10/10/05 10:31 AM) Reply
I have this one, too -- have a couple of muslins of the bodice, but set the project aside, as the event I was making it for fell through. Having trouble fitting it, but am determined to work it out...
AnneM said... (10/10/05 7:18 AM) Reply
Sounds lovely. Hard to believe it is "easy and quick to sew". Hope you are able to get those pictures posted.
ClaireC said... (10/10/05 5:46 AM) Reply
I have a muslin started for this dress that has been around for over a year. I love this dress and plan to make it one day in 40mm silk crepe (periwinkle). What fabric did you use? I too cannot wait for a picture
PhyllisC said... (10/9/05 9:46 AM) Reply
Can't wait top see a photo! I'm glad to see this pattern reviewed - I think it's really beautiful.

by: Jewelia14