Pattern Reviews> Burda> 8390 (Ensemble)

Reviewed by:jlg

About jlgstarstarstarstar
Member since: 3/5/03
Posted on:10/9/05 6:00 PM
Last Updated:10/9/05 6:00 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 5 people
See other patterns in this category: Coordinates    Coat/Jacket
Hilary said... (10/31/05 10:03 AM) Reply
Great looking skirt! Thanks for the many tips-especially the yardage requirements.
StitchQueen101 said... (10/12/05 6:34 PM) Reply
Great Job! Very nice skirt and review. Thanks for the details on the hem treatment. I hope to make this skirt for myself and greatly appreciate the yardage info...always glad to save a few pennies, and especially glad to brag when it cost less to make.. than I could buy! PS You are very talented as are many others on PR ... You're outfits in you're album look very professional!
Lee Ann Hawkins said... (10/11/05 7:37 PM) Reply
I have been trying to decide on a panel skirt with a flare--this is lovely on you, excellent review as always
Modiste Madness said... (10/10/05 7:39 PM) Reply
Your skirt looks good and is so flattering for you. It is good to see a review from you again!
GorgeousFabrics said... (10/10/05 1:29 PM) Reply
Very pretty skirt! -Ann
Fran G said... (10/10/05 7:25 AM) Reply
As always a beautiful match of fabric to pattern..I've missed your reviews; glad to see you back! Whenever I see that you have submitted a new review, I know I'm going to want that pattern!
CarolynGM said... (10/10/05 7:04 AM) Reply
Your hem treatment worked very well -- the skirt flares very attractively at the hemline. I'll have to try that technique!
AnneM said... (10/10/05 7:03 AM) Reply
Very nice skirt. Of course, it happens to be my favorite style.
JDpenelope said... (10/10/05 6:35 AM) Reply
I'm glad you described your hem treatment and your explanation of why you used it. You did achieve a wonderful flare on this skirt. Very nice, as usual.
Danvillegirl said... (10/10/05 4:14 AM) Reply
Great outfit. Love that color of green.
regine said... (10/10/05 1:48 AM) Reply
Beautiful skirt, enjoy wearing it, thanks for the review.
sue77 said... (10/9/05 11:44 PM) Reply
this is very cute!!!!
Vonnevo said... (10/9/05 11:32 PM) Reply
Love it..and your shoes :) I have made the jacket twice and the skirt once. I agree, it is a very wearable and feminine skirt. I like that the skirt skims over the hips and flares beautifully at the bottom.
twinmama said... (10/9/05 11:09 PM) Reply
Very well put together outfit! You inspire me! Thanks for the review.
BjP said... (10/9/05 10:15 PM) Reply
Lovely skirt - and seriously cool shoes! Glad to see your review after a seemingly long absence!
KarmenG said... (10/9/05 7:47 PM) Reply
Very pretty; I did a review of this jacket but had not made the skirt. Thanks for the review - I'll have to try the skirt too. Regarding your hem treatment - I've heard it referred to as 'the Ralph Lauren hem' and have it used it too. It's a nice way to hem a light weight skirt.
hongkongshopper said... (10/9/05 7:25 PM) Reply
very nice and feminine!
Jali said... (10/9/05 7:18 PM) Reply
Your skirt hangs really well. Nice outfit!
Lisette said... (10/9/05 7:08 PM) Reply
This is a very pretty pattern. Your skirt is very feminine and I'm sure you'll enjoy wearing it. By the way, it is nice to see you posting again, it has been a while!
Tiner W said... (10/9/05 6:52 PM) Reply
It's very pretty, and I like the top and shoes you are wearing with it!

BurdaStyle Magazine 10-2005-101B