Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 2804 (Cowl Top)

Reviewed by:Deepika

About Deepikastarstarstarstar
MA United States
Member since: 11/28/01
Posted on:9/8/02 5:39 PM
Last Updated:9/9/02 12:23 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 1 people
Z said... (3/22/04 8:08 PM) Reply
Thanks for your insight. Since the front and back armholes are identical I thought it would be necessary to "correct an unbalanced armhole" per Marcy Tilton's book. Thanks for your insight. Your turtleneck is lovely. This boatneck t-shirt view is my first Kwik Sew pattern. I hope my top turns out to look as good as yours.
said... (9/14/02 9:13 PM) Reply
Deepika, this is beautiful and thanks for the twisted cow ;)
said... (9/12/02 0:58 AM) Reply
Gigi, - we knew what you meant anyway. Question is : which is a better name for a rock group: Twisted Cow or Twisted Cowl? I love your idea of testing patterns - but not just for KwikSew - for lots of companies! How would we pursue this idea?
said... (9/9/02 11:49 PM) Reply
"just saw that I left a comment about a twisted cow (!)"....Yeah - I remember that group! Didn't they have a hit single in '68?
said... (9/9/02 11:45 PM) Reply
Good grief, I am such a moron - just saw that I left a comment about a twisted cow (!), obviously I meant cowl.
said... (9/9/02 11:44 PM) Reply
I think they should send us their new patterns to test - what do you think? ;-)
said... (9/9/02 11:33 PM) Reply
"I'm beginning to think Kwik Sew patterns are just as well made as Loes Hinse patterns " EVEN BETTER! and very well drafted! IMHO
said... (9/9/02 10:35 PM) Reply
Thanks Deepika - your instructions re twisted cowl (sounds like a rock band) are clearer now and easier to understand than Marcy Tilton's. I'm beginning to think Kwik Sew patterns are just as well made as Loes Hinse patterns - what do you think?
said... (9/9/02 8:22 PM) Reply
Another smashing top! I had to add this pattern to my wish list. Guess what my luggage will be full of when I come back to London from my next visit home? ;-)
said... (9/9/02 4:13 PM) Reply
Deepika, it looks better than the ones in shops, a lot better, you did it again!!!
said... (9/9/02 12:24 PM) Reply
baberuth I just edited my review to explain the twisted cowl application.
said... (9/9/02 10:06 AM) Reply
mary, as a result of spending so much time in front of the computer, my shoulders are tilted slightly forward as a result the shoulder seam does on sit actually on my shoulder but pushes backwards. What that does is especially on turtlenecks, the neck wants to go backwards and it kinda strangles me. Read this post where Gigi explains how to do it.
said... (9/9/02 9:25 AM) Reply
Great top, Deepika. Love the twisted cow.
said... (9/9/02 8:15 AM) Reply
Deepika - great top. What do you mean by your 'forward shoulder adjustment'? Thanks!
said... (9/8/02 8:38 PM) Reply
You guys are so kind. The only reason this site is becoming so popular is because of the wonderful community here! Baberuth, no the cowl went in simply... but I cheated a little. I'll update my review when I add the photo. The only reason I am not adding the photo is because I am working on another top from the left over fabric and I want to review that one too.
said... (9/8/02 8:26 PM) Reply
Great review, Deepika!
said... (9/8/02 7:09 PM) Reply
Oh, and Deepika, I forgot the most important thing which is to thank you for this marvellous web site. I am totally engrossed with it.
said... (9/8/02 7:08 PM) Reply
Deepika, I can't believe you have been sewing such a short time! And here you are already doing things like "twisted cowls"; I can't wait to see the photo as I must admit I had read Marcy's technique and decided it looked too tricky to be dependable. Any glitches in applying the cowl?
said... (9/8/02 6:00 PM) Reply
What a great and thorough review, Deepika! Guess I have to add another pattern to my wish-list! Looking forward to seeing the photo.

by: sharondipi...

Sew Chic The Tia Dress Pattern (ln1312)

Sew Chic The Tia Dress Pattern (ln1312)

J Stern Designs Womens Jeans Pattern