Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 2849 (Princess-seamed blouse)

Reviewed by:lisaquilts

About lisaquiltsstar
VA USA
Member since: 4/24/05
Posted on:10/13/05 12:26 PM

Sweater knit fabrics

teresalovesla said... (10/19/14 2:15 PM) Reply
after venting here seen down below I took the pattern out and looked at it in Zen mode...I saw the two lines that said "fold here" so that is what I did with the fabric...then it came to me and I folded again and voila! Kwik Sew uses industrial techniques and I was thinking it was not right because of home sewing methods....so with foot in mouth I retract the below statement. I am really glad it worked for I prefer the hidden button placket.
teresalovesla said... (10/19/14 2:14 PM) Reply
teresalovesla said... (8/24/14 8:31 PM) Reply
you are the only one who mentioned the front placket! I went through other reviews and they just avoided the hidden front placket...I reviewed some of our pattern drafting books and they have more fabric/folds to create the placket. I folded the pattern paper also and the fabric and when I followed the pattern instructions to a "t" I came up with the folded over placket for the buttons being very narrow as yours pictured was! I have over the years had pattern "errors" and sometimes it is the illustrations...on this pattern the said button hole placket looks just as wide as the flap but not so according to our finished product...I have not finished the blouse but going back to it. My daughter who also pattern drafts said "just cut it off and do the other version...." any way to contact kwik sew?lol
HeyJane said... (1/9/07 9:35 PM) Reply
BRILLIANT idea to use a zipper in there. I was just about to sew this one and so glad I read your review - that never would have even occurred to me, thanks! Very pretty fabric choice.
kbryan said... (12/25/06 12:35 PM) Reply
That is really cute! And it looks good on you too. Have you made the pattern again?
kbryan said... (12/25/06 12:32 PM) Reply
gaz-mom said... (8/14/06 0:00 AM) Reply
thanks for the hint on top-stitching from the middle! Never occured to me before. I love your blouse too.
AnneM said... (10/28/05 7:45 PM) Reply
Your top is very cute. It does seem like it would be more form-fitting based on the pattern diagram. But still a worth-while top!
kmouse said... (10/16/05 8:26 AM) Reply
Enjoyed the review. Your fabric is lovely and I thought your placket is executed well. Pattern layout is great too. I love fabrics like that but often don't purchase them as I am afraid I will mess that up. Seems like all your future sewing changes will be perfect.
Tailypo said... (10/14/05 1:55 PM) Reply
I always love your fabric choices! Nice shirt, once you tweak the fit I'm sure it will be a favorite.
sherri2sew said... (10/13/05 4:19 PM) Reply
Really like the squared off cuff detail and your fabric choice was great.
Pam Z said... (10/13/05 3:46 PM) Reply
Hi Lisa. Beautiful fabric choice! Did you omit the princess seams in your shirt? I don't see seams in the close ups of your shirt. Perhaps that's why it isn't as fitted as you'd like? Also, you may want to use a lighter weight interfacing in the placket & cuffs.
GwenV said... (10/13/05 3:34 PM) Reply
It looks very comfortable. I agree with the darts idea, too. Interesting about the lack of interfacing even on some of the more expensive rtw.
quiltsammon said... (10/13/05 2:47 PM) Reply
Sooo cute!!
Dixielynn said... (10/13/05 2:15 PM) Reply
Good job and nice fabric...feminine......I think you are right about the interfacing. I Usually don't even think NOT to interface. If the fabric has a lot of body...well, do we have to follow the rules/ Also, I use a tricot interfacing on stuff I don't want overwhelmed. What do you mean about putting an invisible zipper in the middle...?....do you mean on the side seam?
Teri said... (10/13/05 1:04 PM) Reply
I love you fabric. It makes a very pretty blouse.
SouthernStitch said... (10/13/05 12:49 PM) Reply
Lovely fabric, and yes with a few darts it'll be very nice. In the meantime you could wear it open with a tank underneath. Thanks, for the detail photos of the different parts.
Mary Stiefer said... (10/13/05 12:29 PM) Reply
Great looking blouse. I love the fabric. I think you are right about a few darts. That should make it a bit more form fitting. Good job. Sounds like you thought all the changes out for your next blouse from this pattern.

Christine Jonson Taper Pant & Wide Leg Pant