Pattern Reviews> Loes Hinse Designs> 5112 (Shawl Collar Jacket)

Reviewed by:Danvillegirl

About Danvillegirlstarstarstarstar
Member since: 7/6/03
Posted on:10/14/05 7:04 PM
Last Updated:10/14/05 7:04 PM

See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket

Alice Farnsworth said... (3/7/09 11:29 PM) Reply
This is a correction from my first rating. I mistakenly clicked the wrong rating.
Love Lone Star State said... (11/24/08 10:39 PM) Reply
Your review saved me a lot of fustration. Now I can make this jacket as it was meant to be without the headache over the unclear collar directions included with the pattern. FYI, even after a couple of years since the first review mentioning the pattern instruction problems, it still has not been corrected by the designer or her company. Shame on us for not communicating directly with Loes.
Cambric Tea said... (11/5/05 10:32 PM) Reply
Great review, and very helpful. Well, if I ever make this jacket I know that I'm going to be SO GRATEFUL that you took the time to explain the collar. Great jacket and I'm sure you look great in it.
Sewing Chick said... (10/18/05 6:40 PM) Reply
Thanks for the review. I recently made this jacket in spite of the reviews stating it was difficult. After studying the pattern and instructions, I had no trouble putting it together and I'm sure will make another.
Annette H said... (10/15/05 12:58 PM) Reply
Beautiful jacket, great review!
Teri said... (10/15/05 10:04 AM) Reply
Thanks for the very well written review. Your jacket is lovely.
Tiner W said... (10/15/05 9:01 AM) Reply
It's very pretty!
Londa Rohlfing said... (10/15/05 8:18 AM) Reply
Your collar helps are - REALLY helpful! Thanks for the time you take to write and share. Very correct regarding interfacing on your fabric would have made it impossible for all the layers and stitching too. Feels good to 'know' - eh?
Nickle said... (10/15/05 6:33 AM) Reply
Beautiful jacket- love the fabric.
Danvillegirl said... (10/15/05 6:33 AM) Reply
Thank you for your comments. Lilibet, I like the Bistro Jacket as well. I made it once and turned out good, a lot of sewing of the neckline on that one as well but not confusing as this one. I remember I lengthed the Bistro jacket and this one I did not. I think shoulders were a little wider on Bistro and this is more fitting on me in the shoulders.
Liane M said... (10/15/05 4:56 AM) Reply
A very infomative review. I hadn't thought of moleskin for this, but it made a very pretty jacket. I have this pattern, but have been afraid of trying it. I think now with your review in hand, I'll have to jump in and make it.
Lilibet said... (10/14/05 11:48 PM) Reply
Great review. I've been hoping for another review of this pattern before I take the plunge and buy it. How do you think it compares with the Bistro jacket?
BjP said... (10/14/05 8:36 PM) Reply
Great looking jacket and such a nice, detailed review! Love the fabric!
Lori V said... (10/14/05 8:05 PM) Reply