Online Sewing Class: Clone Your Favorite Garment

Pattern Reviews> Petite Plus Patterns> 102 (Sweater Twin Set)

Reviewed by:licarritc

photophoto

Home Sewing Depot

Home Dec Sewing Supplies

MaryBeth said... (11/2/05 7:16 AM) Reply
This looks very nice on you. Good work in adding the cowl: I like that style. I hope that you'll do more with this pattern, it seems to work so well for you. I hope you can add the cardigan as well.
AnneM said... (11/2/05 4:24 AM) Reply
I like that collar. Congrats on working with the sweater knit. Perhaps I will look for some lycra tricot at PR weekend. :)
licarritc said... (10/16/05 8:52 AM) Reply
Yeah! Georgene you're coming so I can indulge in some idol worship! Linda L, I got the Tricot from Trim Fabrics for like $1 a yard so of course I bought all 20something yards. I got it because I was going to be making stuff in stretch wovens and it seemed pointless to use standard lining and lose the stretch but Georgene showed a fabulous jacket at PR Weekend last year and now I use it even in stuff that isn't stretch. Voila, linings aren't to tight anymore and don't rip out so I actually put them in, in the first place. I also don't have to be perfect in my hand sewing, man I hate hand sewing!
Danvillegirl said... (10/16/05 7:00 AM) Reply
What is your source for spandex tricot? Sounds like I missed a good tip here. I like the fabric, missed this one on my many internet trips to Vogue fabrics.
Patti B said... (10/15/05 9:17 PM) Reply
I really like your addition of the cowl. I hadn't thought of lining a clingy knit with the tricot but it's brilliant ... and won't ride up on the tush.
Georgene said... (10/15/05 8:03 PM) Reply
Hey! I'm glad someone picked up on that tricot lining tip...(BTW Do you have a feature on the photo program that you use to adjust the brightness? I find that for dark clothing it helps to bump up the brightness - the photo washes out a bit, but at least you can see the details.) I hope I get to see you at PR weekend in November with this toasty top.