Pattern Reviews> Self Drafted Pattern> 3246-1003 (pant suit)

Reviewed by:els

About elsstarstar
NA NETHERLANDS
Member since: 1/28/03
Sewing skills:Expert/Couture
Posted on:10/16/05 12:00 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 20 people
HolleyM said... (9/8/13 4:16 PM) Reply
I wish I could access the photos! I looked up your reviews after seeing your hints published in the PR sewing book.
cindyann said... (3/31/06 10:36 AM) Reply
Els, I don't know how I missed this review. I know it's been months but I just had say how impressive this suit is. It's perfection, as is always the case with your work. Thank you.
AnneM said... (11/2/05 4:29 AM) Reply
Great suit, Els. That looks fantastic. Cool collar.
Annika said... (10/21/05 3:47 PM) Reply
ELs, you are soo brilliant!
Susan W said... (10/19/05 10:55 AM) Reply
Els, absolutely elegant and so beautifully done! Thank you so much for showing us some of the process. Between your surfing finds and your work you are a very talented lady. Susan W.
CarolynGM said... (10/17/05 7:26 PM) Reply
Els -- you absolutely nailed that collar -- it, well the whole outfit, is beeeautiful!! Your talent amazes and inspires me. And thanks so much for all the pictures.
Judy Williment said... (10/17/05 7:07 PM) Reply
WOW! This is so beautiful, and so beautifully made. You are inspiring!
Tini said... (10/17/05 3:53 PM) Reply
Els, I love love love love love your suit.... if I"m ever going to win the lottery I'll move to the netherlands and be your apprentice.... or the girl, that cleans or something....
maggy said... (10/17/05 2:52 PM) Reply
I am inspired by your hard work. What a lovely job!
Hilary said... (10/17/05 11:03 AM) Reply
WOW!! Absolutely *GORGEOUS*!! Thank you for such a detailed review-it's so inspiring to see a jacket made from an inspiration piece, with no pattern. The suit is beautiful.
Meguiar said... (10/17/05 8:26 AM) Reply
Absolutely gorgeous!
Debbie Cook said... (10/17/05 8:03 AM) Reply
Just gorgeous, Els!
lilhoney57 said... (10/17/05 7:54 AM) Reply
Absolutely Fabulous!
MarilynB said... (10/17/05 5:48 AM) Reply
Your jacket is to die for!!
Maychi said... (10/17/05 5:26 AM) Reply
I'm speechless! The collar is absolutely amazing! Stunning! You truly are an inspiration. I hope someday I will have that much knowledge and skills. Absolutely stunning!
Danvillegirl said... (10/17/05 4:30 AM) Reply
Wow! What a fabulous outfit. I think you nailed the collar design perfectly. Truly lovely jacket and pants.
SewVeryTall said... (10/17/05 2:02 AM) Reply
Excellent job! Excellent review! I really enjoyed reading, and viewing your photos. Beautiful suit!
Asa Hagstrom said... (10/17/05 1:45 AM) Reply
I'm with Vibek - if only I was rich, I'd keep you busy too :) I love your jacket, and thank you so much for showing us all these details! Would you mind showing the flat pattern of the collar too? Glad to see you upgraded your rating to reflect reality!
Vibek said... (10/16/05 11:55 PM) Reply
Wonderful suit. If I were rich, I'd keep you for my very own clothier and shower you with gold every time you made me something like that.
Sew it seams said... (10/16/05 9:54 PM) Reply
Oh my GOODNESS! I can only echo what drsue said- I wish I was your model. Absolutely lovely and your photos of the details in your reviews are something that I would like to print and sit with a cup of tea and just try to soak it all in. You really are a master. Thank you.
drsue said... (10/16/05 8:56 PM) Reply
Totally wonderful!!! I wish I was your model.
lmg said... (10/16/05 8:47 PM) Reply
Wow! That suit is a show stopper! I echo the others when I say you are an inspiration!
Peggy said... (10/16/05 7:20 PM) Reply
What a gorgeous outfit. You are one talented lady.
PVA said... (10/16/05 7:00 PM) Reply
Oh, els, thank you so much. This review is like a master class! Also, thank you for all the photos, especially the muslin for the collar! So beautiful! Thank you again -- you give us so much inspiration to keep working to improve our skills.
GwenV said... (10/16/05 6:58 PM) Reply
This is fabulous. Thank you for sharing, we are so lucky to be able to see details of your creative process.
els said... (10/16/05 6:23 PM) Reply
Thank you all for the flattering comments. I did add the pictures because most of you want to read a pattern review and because this suit is not made from a commercial pattern you would not be helped with a final picture of the outfit alone. So the only thing I could do to be of any help was making pictures to show you some of the details.
touran said... (10/16/05 6:09 PM) Reply
Your skills and work are breathtaking. Thank you for such an insight into the drafting of a complex pattern.
sewfan said... (10/16/05 6:03 PM) Reply
Absolutely breathtaking! Wish I had your talent. Thanks for a fabulous review. Pam
KarmenG said... (10/16/05 4:44 PM) Reply
Els - Stunning ensemble and draped collar. Thank you for such a wonderful review which is a lesson in itself. You inspire me to strive for higher precision in my tailoring. Thank you!
Deepika said... (10/16/05 4:42 PM) Reply
OMG this is out of this world. The color the fit and of course the style. Simply gorgeous. I can only dream of doing something like this Els.
marya said... (10/16/05 4:23 PM) Reply
Wow Stunning!
Patti B said... (10/16/05 3:52 PM) Reply
Omigosh, that is beautiful! Your review gives so many useful details -- thank you for sharing your process.
sew obsessed said... (10/16/05 3:49 PM) Reply
Absolutely georgeous. Design and construction perfection. You are an inspiration. Michelle
Teri said... (10/16/05 3:14 PM) Reply
Els, that is absolutely breath taking! Thank you for sharing.
MaryBeth said... (10/16/05 2:41 PM) Reply
Wow, more beautiful than I could dream. The collar is incredible and the fabric excellent.
GorgeousFabrics said... (10/16/05 2:40 PM) Reply
Els, that is breathtaking! I'm glad you posted the muslin of the collar too. It shows the detail even more than the silk/linen. -Ann
Leslie in Austin said... (10/16/05 2:11 PM) Reply
Now *THAT* is what I aspire to. Fabulous. You are a master, Els.
Kay Y said... (10/16/05 2:10 PM) Reply
I admire your courage in tackling such a complex piece, and your skill in carrying it off so very well. Love the pictures of the details too. This is inspiring.
pharmercoon said... (10/16/05 1:59 PM) Reply
You continue to astound me-beautiful design! Kay
mudcat said... (10/16/05 1:25 PM) Reply
What a beautiful outfit. I love the collar.
PhyllisC said... (10/16/05 1:11 PM) Reply
Wow - everything you show us is better than the last one. Great review! And I'm delighted to see your updated rating too :D
Pam Z said... (10/16/05 1:07 PM) Reply
Els, your suit is absolutely gorgeous on you! I hope you make another.
bunz said... (10/16/05 1:05 PM) Reply
Couture for sure!!!
MaryLynn in Long Beach said... (10/16/05 12:49 PM) Reply
WOWOWOWOWOWOWOW!
Marita Kinnula said... (10/16/05 12:46 PM) Reply
Els, you're really above us all, the fit is better than that of the Armani suit and the color is magnificent.
Gigi Louis said... (10/16/05 12:41 PM) Reply
Oh, Els, it's absolutely gorgeous! I love the collar!
Diane Tucker said... (10/16/05 12:35 PM) Reply
your pantsuit is out of this world! You are obviously, very talented and your beautiful garment is an inspiration to me. Sheskis
QuickFade said... (10/16/05 12:34 PM) Reply
Lovely! I want one!
Cornelia said... (10/16/05 12:24 PM) Reply
els, that is beautiful! Heck, your muslin is beautiful. Is there any way it could become a dickie inside a simple jacket? Seems a shame to waste it.
Elona said... (10/16/05 12:20 PM) Reply
What a beautiful suit, els! And thank you for a wonderfully informative description of your creative process.

No Pattern Used 509-1016