Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 3378

Posted on:10/18/05 1:22 PM
Last Updated:10/18/05 1:25 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 3 people
greenandlilac said... (3/11/08 0:53 AM) Reply
This twist top looks very cute. The solutions for the low neck line are either wear a camisole, you can get them at Costco even, or raise the neckline on the pattern. It can be done very easily.
AnneM said... (11/4/05 8:01 PM) Reply
I've often wondered about these twist tops for us smaller busted folks. I think I'll skip the style, then, if it didn't work for you.
hongkongshopper said... (10/24/05 3:00 AM) Reply
Lou, I am with Judy on the Wonderbra, but also how about a mock camisole to cover the missing cleavage area. You could use a remnant of that fabric or a contrasting fabric?
drsue said... (10/23/05 11:37 PM) Reply
Thanks for the warning, I was afraid it wouldn't work on the smaller chested of us.
Gigi Louis said... (10/23/05 8:36 PM) Reply
Lou, as I was making this today I thought it would be possible to raise up the twist by raising the neckline area and removing some from the bottom of the twist (lengthening that CF seam, IOW). That would take the focus up higher away from the bust. Mind you, I haven't tried it but in my mind that would work.
els said... (10/23/05 8:07 PM) Reply
Your twisttop looks great, a petty you are not lucky with the outcome of the top.
Gigi Louis said... (10/22/05 1:14 PM) Reply
I knew you'd beat me to it! Your top looks so pretty! Have you tried wearing it over a cami or tank? This is on my to-do list this weekend.
Jan B. said... (10/21/05 5:08 PM) Reply
Your top looks very nice on your dress form. I want this pattern, but am afraid of the deep vee also. Could you add an insert out of the same or contrasting fabric or lace. You could use snaps and perhaps have more than one insert.
Deepika said... (10/19/05 11:41 AM) Reply
Lou, from the envelope it looks complicated. I am psyched to know that its very easy to make. I really like your top and I think you can still wear it. What if you wear a turtleneck under it? That would look very stylish dont you think? Can you bring it to the weekend?
RobynB said... (10/18/05 10:30 PM) Reply
Thanks for the review. I have this pattern on order, so it's good to see a review before I plunge into it. It's a shame that you did such a nice job but aren't happy with it. It looks great on your dummy.
Judy Williment said... (10/18/05 7:01 PM) Reply
This looks far too good to waste - I am also *ahem* under-endowed, so I have a few tops which I wear with a Wonderbra. (Or anything padded and uplifting). I don't look like Dolly Parton, it just fills out the top, and really does do the trick.
Modiste Madness said... (10/18/05 3:49 PM) Reply
Wow you are fast. Too bad it didn't work out for you, because it looks really cute.
2BSewing said... (10/18/05 3:32 PM) Reply
Your twist top is very pretty. I'm patiently waiting for my local Hancock's to get the new KS patterns. I'm definitely going to try this one. Thanks for the review.
touran said... (10/18/05 3:21 PM) Reply
That's pretty - I'm excited to get the pattern now. I'm sorry you're not happy with how it looks on you.
LiZ said... (10/18/05 1:55 PM) Reply
I also think that your top looks great. I may have to buy this pattern.
SouthernStitch said... (10/18/05 1:31 PM) Reply
Lou great to see you sewing and reviewing again! This looks great, even it you don't like it on you.

by: petro