Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 4596 (Misses lined jacket)

Reviewed by:cassidy

About cassidystar
ON CANADA
Member since: 5/16/05
Posted on:11/21/05 7:05 AM
Last Updated:10/22/05 1:35 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people    Very Helpful by 15 people
MarilynB said... (5/18/06 9:01 AM) Reply
Somehow, I missed your review the first time. Your jackets are better than the ones on the pattern envelope. You should upgrade your skill level since these jackets are evidence of your ability.
Katharine in BXL said... (5/17/06 11:29 PM) Reply
Love your jeackets, and welcome to PR! Looking forward to more from you. BTW you might want to open a Yahoo photos account for the alternate views or your FoPR limit will go fast.
Linda E. said... (12/18/05 9:19 AM) Reply
WOW I missed you jackets back in October. they are great love you choices of fabrics and colors.. I am going to be watching for more great things from you..
GorgeousFabrics said... (10/26/05 8:39 PM) Reply
Good for you for ditching the unclear instructions! Great fabric combinations. Work it, baby! Oh Yeah! :) -Ann
Quesie said... (10/26/05 8:13 PM) Reply
Uh, where can I get your album? You are the official new rock goddess of PR. I can't believe you just winged the lining/zipper part. The fabrics are fantastic. It's so fun to see what you did three different times.
MaryBeth said... (10/25/05 11:46 AM) Reply
Fun, very fun. Keep on with it!
layla said... (10/25/05 10:46 AM) Reply
You are "One Talented Lady" and certainly a natural to sewing and design .. many new clothes to you !!
Diane E said... (10/24/05 12:07 PM) Reply
I came back to look at your jackets again and I realized I hadn't commented the first time around. Bad bad me. I love these jackets. They have so much life and interest to them. Your review was terrific, too. Thanks!
Jan B. said... (10/23/05 2:50 PM) Reply
Love the jackets, love the cat--great review. Thank you for your interesting and inspiring review. Seven months--fabulous.
lilhoney57 said... (10/23/05 10:07 AM) Reply
I LOVE the denim jacket!
Danvillegirl said... (10/23/05 9:41 AM) Reply
Very attractive jackets and cat! Great review of this pattern.
hongkongshopper said... (10/23/05 1:40 AM) Reply
Great photos - love the "styling". Jackets are fantastic! All the thought you put into them before you started. Plain pattern but you made them "wow"!
Vonnevo said... (10/23/05 1:29 AM) Reply
Fabulous :))) Echoing all the previous comments too. Looking forward to seeing more of your creations too.
CarrieA said... (10/22/05 9:07 PM) Reply
7 MONTHS?!!! I'm totally impressed and inspired. You clearly have no fear and it pays off. Thinking of a career change from modeling to designing? Great, great job!
Georgene said... (10/22/05 8:32 PM) Reply
Nice tweak to what looks like a fairly routine pattern. You go, girl!
Stacy Sews said... (10/22/05 7:52 PM) Reply
I love the jacket! Great job and great fabrics!
Marita Kinnula said... (10/22/05 3:24 PM) Reply
WOW!!!
Peggy L said... (10/22/05 3:02 PM) Reply
Wow! Great review and fabulous, creative jackets. You have really learned a lot in a short time. My only complaint - I feel really old and frumpy!!!
sew2little said... (10/22/05 1:32 PM) Reply
WOWZA! You took a plain-jane pattern to diva heights!
sailonsilvergirl said... (10/22/05 11:49 AM) Reply
Oh wow, and I have this pattern! I didn't even recognize it. What creative use of it. All I saw was some wool fabric sewn into a jacket for my 'management' type job. You've inspired me to look and think a little further!
CarolynGM said... (10/22/05 11:46 AM) Reply
Those are 3 amazing jackets - you are clearly a very creative and talented sewist. And your photographer is pretty good too!! Keep writing reviews. I look forward to seeing what you come up with next.
shard said... (10/22/05 11:08 AM) Reply
i love-love-love your fabric choices! (imho, the denim version is also a rock star jacket.) lovely work. whenever i need to remember that i started sewing because i wanted to make neato clothes that one would *never* see in a store, i will think of these projects you have done. (oh yeah. and twistedangel's 'dead catfish' costume.) i am waaaay too... skittish? conservative? uninspired? in my fabric choices.
QuickFade said... (10/22/05 10:54 AM) Reply
Very nice! Thanks for sharing these. You wear them well too.
Lori V said... (10/22/05 10:07 AM) Reply
Wow, your jackets are terrific. Your fabric combinations are great.
Tailypo said... (10/22/05 9:40 AM) Reply
Your jackets look so good! You are a very brave advanced beginner, that's for sure. But I must admit, the most eye-catching detail in your photos is --- your kitchen is so CLEAN! Oh, can I please come live at your house?
casken said... (10/22/05 9:10 AM) Reply
Wow, great jackets. Love your kitty too. Thanks for all the photos. Good photos are nice too see. Thanks for your review.
Nickle said... (10/22/05 8:42 AM) Reply
Love all three of your jackets and fabric choices. Also enjoyed your informative review.
Mary Stiefer said... (10/22/05 8:09 AM) Reply
Your choice of fabrics is what makes this jacket interesting. Well done.
Kerry O said... (10/22/05 8:06 AM) Reply
Those are totally cool - I LOVE them! You did a great job. They are all really hip and you look great in them. :)
mamakooz said... (10/22/05 7:01 AM) Reply
These jackets are great!
PegL said... (10/22/05 4:35 AM) Reply
Totally cool jackets! You got great fit and your choice of fabrics is wonderful! I think you should upgrade your sewing level considerably! You're already way past any sort of ''beginner'' level! Good review! I love all the photos!
pharmercoon said... (10/22/05 3:44 AM) Reply
Wow-those are really cool. Great job! Kay
annsew65 said... (10/22/05 2:40 AM) Reply
WOW! I'd say you're off to a great start! Those are really gorgeous creations. I'm marking you down as one to watch for!
Levone said... (10/22/05 2:15 AM) Reply
Great looking jackets! I love your mixture of the different fabrics.
els said... (10/22/05 2:02 AM) Reply
Those jackets look great and show of your sewing talent. You did dive into it with difficult fabrics, you learned a lot since you start sewing only 7 months ago. I am looking forward to see more of your creations It is hard to believe that these 3 jackets are the first you have sewn, you are a very creative talented young woman.

by: prttynpnk