Online Sewing Class: Create a Jacket Muslin

Pattern Reviews> Silhouette Patterns> 3000 (Pleated Pant)

Reviewed by:Lorna C. Newman

About Lorna C. Newmanstarstarstar
ON CANADA
Member since: 8/10/02
Posted on:10/24/05 4:06 PM
Last Updated:3/14/06 5:30 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 14 people
RealtorRenee said... (8/22/07 10:46 AM) Reply
Very informative review with great photos.
mClones said... (4/8/06 9:11 AM) Reply
Lorna, I'm about to take Peggy's pants class one afternoon at a sewing expo. I'm concerned that you still had to deal with the rear bagginess on your own. But, this is what I'm hoping will be solved in class and I'll go home with an absolutely *perfect* muslin. Will I be disappointed? Mina
Lorna C. Newman said... (3/15/06 2:53 PM) Reply
Mary, the theory is (As I understand it) that the darts help anchor the pant to the waistline where the pleats add extra fullness for style in the front. As for the extra s.a., it did seem like a lot, especially when you have the top of the waist under your bustline!! LOL!
SouthernStitch said... (3/15/06 12:13 PM) Reply
Great pants and effort! Only one question - for the muslin, Peggy has you sew the darts in but not the pleats? I didn't quite get that part. And she still has you add 2" to the sseams and 1" all around just for fit insurance? I'm asking cause that sounds like alot to me if you have chosen according to that sitting down hip measurement. Sounds like a wonderful class. And I agree, the fisheye dart is the bomb. BTW, alot of my knit pants do the vertical wrinkle too - it's the knit.
Lori Sews said... (3/14/06 7:53 PM) Reply
Lorna, you and your pants are looking great!
Leslie in Austin said... (3/14/06 6:16 PM) Reply
How exciting! Those look great, Lorna! Widen those legs from the knee down and you have your new pattern. That fabric looks really yummy.
Nickle said... (3/14/06 5:41 PM) Reply
Your pants look really good on you, looks like the fisheye dart worked well.
jemgirlca said... (12/24/05 10:56 AM) Reply
Great review and great pants!!
HawkeMorningStar7 said... (12/24/05 10:55 AM) Reply
Very informative review...great tips. Pants fit so lovely on you.
drsue said... (12/24/05 9:57 AM) Reply
These came out really well. Review is loaded with good fitting ideas too! Thanks.
Lorna C. Newman said... (12/24/05 9:24 AM) Reply
Deb, if it wasn't for the help you gave in those Fish eye darts, these pants would stil have those back baggies ... thanks for posting that FED tip from the KK moulage!
Patti B said... (12/24/05 8:58 AM) Reply
Great review of both pattern and class -- and great looking results. What a sense of achievement you must have and it's well-deserved. Try them in the ottoman knit too. BTW, does Peggy come in the pattern? ;-)
Debbie Cook said... (12/24/05 8:47 AM) Reply
Lorna, the slinky pants look great from the back. I took your photo into my software and lightened it so I could really see -- not a horizontal wrinkle anywhere!! I agree that the verticals are a result of the slinky. When you're moving like normal and not standing still for a rear photo, I bet even you wouldn't notice anything at all. We tend to over-analyze our freeze-framed butts. LOL!! Great job of working it all out and on the patience necessary to do so.
Lori Sews said... (12/24/05 8:25 AM) Reply
I love the slinky. What a great class you were able to attend. Worth a million bucks I bet!
Lorna C. Newman said... (12/24/05 8:21 AM) Reply
IF Peggy can do this for me (AAlong with Deb's help!) then anybody can do this! Now go for it ...
Leslie in Austin said... (12/24/05 8:08 AM) Reply
Aren't slinky pants the best? They feel so sexy and glamorous. The fit you got in the back of that gabardine looks really good. Think Peggy can do that for me, too?
Peggy L said... (12/24/05 7:44 AM) Reply
Great looking pants. Great review. Can't wait to take the class in Feb.
blue mooney said... (12/24/05 7:00 AM) Reply
Lorna, thanks for the two reviews in one! (pattern & class) You get bonus points for that, as well as your great fitting pants!
ClaireC said... (12/24/05 6:51 AM) Reply
A blue ribbon is given to you for this wonderful accomplishment. The pants look fantastic and you look very good in the slinky version. They all look good, it's just that the slinky is exceptional. Kudos! You must be absolutely elated!
Elona said... (12/23/05 11:14 PM) Reply
Terrific fitting process and lesson! The finished pants look great.
Frogstitcher said... (12/23/05 11:12 PM) Reply
The picture is a little hard to see, but they look like you got a good fit. This is a good review.
leigh7911 said... (12/23/05 10:15 PM) Reply