Pattern Reviews> Favorite Things> 070 (Wallet Purse)

Reviewed by:Mary Stiefer

About Mary Stieferstarstarstarstar
CO USA
Member since: 2/17/03
Posted on:10/28/05 11:10 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 5 people
putty said... (10/5/09 0:23 AM) Reply
Saw pics of bag on another review and more info, could be given to modify the bag with higher side panels and possibly zipper closure instead of a flap.
Nancy Peters said... (5/28/06 12:53 PM) Reply
Mary, thanks for such a great review. I love it when reviewers put time and effort & detial into a review. It really helps tremedously! BTW, I love your buttons. I have a wooden mouse waiting for just the right project. :)
Mary Stiefer said... (4/11/06 10:16 AM) Reply
Mary - tried to private mail you but couldn't do it - so - here's the info. The wallet is a better design than the purse. As you can read from this review, I was not very happy with the purse design. However, if you wanted to make some of the changes I suggested in this review it might be just fine.
Merry G said... (4/10/06 4:47 PM) Reply
What is the difference between the wallet & the wallet purse. I think I noticed you made both...
Deepika said... (10/29/05 9:43 AM) Reply
Mary, too bad you don't like this purse. When I saw the photo I was like "I have to make this". But after reading your review, it seems its not worth the time and effort. Your bag however is way too cute!
PVA said... (10/29/05 9:38 AM) Reply
Thanks for this review, Mary. I like your purse in spite of the difficulties. I just finished a trip where I could have really appreciated this nice little item. My shoulder is really sore from my bag!
JDpenelope said... (10/29/05 7:25 AM) Reply
I admire your "purs-istance" in working out the many details. Looks to me like you made a silk purse out of a sows ear, which, in this case, is the frustrating pattern.
Katharine in BXL said... (10/29/05 4:42 AM) Reply
Fantastic job!
Elona said... (10/29/05 1:17 AM) Reply
Mary, in spite of the problems you had to solve, this little purse is really cute!

by: HRigg