Pattern Reviews> KnipMode Magazine> Oct 05 #5 (Twist top / cardy)

Reviewed by:Katharine in BXL

About Katharine in BXLstar
Member since: 8/1/03
Posted on:11/2/05 11:05 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 1 people
Katharine in BXL said... (11/3/05 8:07 PM) Reply
It *is* great to have illustrations to follow along with--especially with sparse magazine instructions. Annika, I'm starting to side with you & prefer KM patterns to BWOF. Thanks Mini, Gigi & Els for your compliments too!
sewcrazy52 said... (11/3/05 11:47 AM) Reply
Good Job! Isn't great to follow pictures!! I once did a pattern following the pictures because the instructions in the pattern, by mistake I suppose, were in French. Usually here in Canada, you get one sheet in French and one in English; in this pattern however, they were both in French. I am not as good in French as I once was (when I was in school about a million years ago).
Annika said... (11/3/05 11:23 AM) Reply
Love it! I really like Knipmode patterns; I think they are a bit more inspired than Burda. I can almost see making this top out of some sort of stretchy sari-like fabric...
Gigi Louis said... (11/3/05 9:38 AM) Reply
So cute! Now I want Knip Mode too!
minieme said... (11/3/05 8:40 AM) Reply
You look great in this top, like the pink.
els said... (11/3/05 6:07 AM) Reply
Katharine the top looks great, congrats on your first Knip pattern making.
Katharine in BXL said... (11/3/05 5:52 AM) Reply
Thanks Leslie! I'm just starting to show my weight loss. Penny, that's right, the armhole adjustment makes you look slimmer! Knitter. give it a try! It's so cute, and can be done w/o Dutch.
LiZ said... (11/3/05 2:42 AM) Reply
Your top is lovely. I have that issue and was going to give one pattern a try so now I have been inspired to d try this one. I can't read a word of dutch.
JDpenelope said... (11/3/05 2:18 AM) Reply
This top is luscious and you look great, contrary to your intro sentence. That's an interesting comment about petiting the bodice and sleeves at the armhole, if I understand correctly. Will have to try it, since I'm short and a little busty.
Leslie in Austin said... (11/3/05 1:16 AM) Reply
Ooooo!! Pretty! Love the pink and the drapey front. Appears someone's exercise is paying off big time--you look great, Katharine! :-)
keelyb1 said... (11/3/05 0:01 AM) Reply
Wow, lovely top!
Hilary said... (11/2/05 11:34 PM) Reply
Nice top, Katharine! It 's really pretty on you, and I love the color.
The Technique of Underlining Garments