Online Sewing Class: Fun with Fitting - PANTS

Pattern Reviews> New Look> 6516 (Misses Lined Jackets)

Reviewed by:KathyH

About KathyH
CT USA
Member since: 1/24/05
Posted on:10/29/05 8:57 AM
Last Updated:10/29/05 8:57 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 10 people
See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket
Sheila457 said... (12/26/07 11:14 AM) Reply
Lovely Jacket.
KathyH said... (11/18/05 6:34 PM) Reply
Hi Jan B. I am sorry not to have answered sooner. I just meant that I had a choice of removing either the crosswise or lenghtwise threads. They gave very different looks when I made a sample of each.
Jan B. said... (10/30/05 5:44 PM) Reply
Pretty jacket and great fit. Could you tell us more about your fringe? I followed the technique of attaching the fringe piece to the chiffon; but in the concluding paragraph, you menting "using the off white ribbons and threads." Does this mean you added to the fringe strip?
Danvillegirl said... (10/30/05 3:50 PM) Reply
My first thought was "Wow" what a lovely jacket and lovely fabric. Great review and helpful. Thanks for sharing the information about Banksville Fabric. Just what I need another fabric source! One can never have too many shoes or fabric sources.
ryan's mom said... (10/30/05 10:49 AM) Reply
Great looking jacket! I'm saving this review to favorites because I missed that tip too, and hopefully I can use it in the future.
KathyH said... (10/30/05 7:43 AM) Reply
Hi, Thank You! for your kind comments. I do love this fabric too. Tiner do not feel bad, I pretty much figured it out and appreciated your review! I am sorry if the photos are opening too big. Is this happening to most of you? I was just searching through the site trying to find out how to upload photos so they are smaller. I will see if I can. Thanks Again, Kathy
PixieCat said... (10/30/05 3:50 AM) Reply
Absolutely beautiful! I love the fabric and it fits so well.
Sherril Miller said... (10/29/05 11:30 PM) Reply
Kathy, is there any way you could make your photo smaller. It's so large that all I can see at once on my monitor is your neck and above your bust. I know my machine is old and with dial-up it takes a very long time to download. I'd really like to see the whole thing at once.
Lori V said... (10/29/05 9:27 PM) Reply
Very, very pretty jacket. I love the bell sleeves.
jlg said... (10/29/05 5:56 PM) Reply
Lovely job. This is so very pretty.
GwenV said... (10/29/05 5:48 PM) Reply
Very nice! This looks like something Katie Couric would wear on the Today show!
Jennifer shaw said... (10/29/05 1:33 PM) Reply
Your jacket is so beautiful!! It looks gorgeous on you. Thank you for a great first review.
Karla Kizer said... (10/29/05 1:30 PM) Reply
This one should be in Vogue. It's lovely.
Tiner W said... (10/29/05 11:20 AM) Reply
Your jacket is beautiful--the fabric is gorgeous! I apologize for not responding to your questions on my review--I just saw them today when I checked for the article by Claire Shaeffer with info about the chiffon fringe technique. I'll have to change the setting so that I'm notified when there is a new comment on my review. Again, I'm so sorry. I wasn't ignoring you!
Frogstitcher said... (10/29/05 10:36 AM) Reply
Nice jacket. Looks very much like rtw. Love the fabric.
Diane E said... (10/29/05 10:26 AM) Reply
This is an absolutely stunning jacket. I want it!! Thanks for the informative review. Another pattern on my wish list.....
Mary Stiefer said... (10/29/05 10:05 AM) Reply
What a fun jacket..
Vonnevo said... (10/29/05 10:04 AM) Reply
Beautiful and stylish ! Thank you for a great first review :)
Nickle said... (10/29/05 9:58 AM) Reply
Gorgeous jacket and it looks real nice on you, and thanks for the tip link written by Ardis.

Self Drafted Pattern 0000