Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 7073 (Sewing for Dummies Doll Clothe)

Viewed 1993 times
Reviewed by:Sharon M

About Sharon Mstarstarstarstar
Member since: 8/3/02
Posted on:9/13/02 6:48 PM
See other patterns in this category: Crafts

Swim Style Patterns

Swimwear Gymwear Patterns

fourkid said... (11/16/12 12:07 PM) Reply
Thanks for the review. I tracked down Simplicity 8457. Am looking forward to some sewing time with the Grands.
DorrieBelle said... (9/7/03 7:17 PM) Reply
I had many problems with this pattern, too. Ended up exchanging it with another doll fan for a Barbie-size kimono pattern. Bought the second Dummies for Barbie one at Hancock's Labor Day sale for a buck - here's hoping ! The directions on the second one seem easier. Check out http://embyquinn.tripod.com/dollpats.html for some easy, fun, FREE Barbie patterns ! Not my site, but I've made all but the pants, and they're great !
Tari Hann said... (4/18/03 11:10 PM) Reply
I'm working with this pattern right now and had forgotten how the pants went together, but they way it instructs you, it's hard to turn down the waistband and sew it over with both center front and center backs sewn. I just sew the center front seam (for the jeans, shorts and capris), sew fronts to backs, do my serging, turn over and sew down the waist, THEN I do the center back seam. I agree, this isn't the best pattern for a total beginner, but I do like the fact that it has clothes that kids actually wear like flares and capris.
said... (9/14/02 1:31 AM) Reply
Many memories here too! I sewed many barbie clothes as a young girl. I don't know if they had patterns back then-- I had no money to buy them anyway. So I made my own by draping paper on the doll ("tissue fit?!"). The one toy I wanted forever was a Barbie sewing machine (which did come with patterns). I never got it but now I am glad because now I have no fear of hand-sewing or pattern drafting. Your nieces are lucky to have you helping them learn sew!! (My aunt taught me too. Aren't aunts great!)
Click here if you wish to edit your comment
said... (9/13/02 6:54 PM) Reply
wow! when I was young, my grandmother used to sew so many doll clothes for me. You have brought back fond memories. I can't believe a 9 year old could sew these dresses on her own. Thanks for the warning about this pattern.
Click here if you wish to edit your comment