Pattern Reviews> Decades of Style> 3201 (1932 Wrap and Cape)

Reviewed by:drsue

About drsuestarstarstarstar
Member since: 11/11/03
Skill level:Beginner
Posted on:11/5/05 4:49 PM
Last Updated:11/5/05 4:49 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 7 people    Very Helpful by 7 people
Ann Smith said... (11/9/05 7:30 PM) Reply
I love it. It doesn't look like a poncho to me.
GwenV said... (11/7/05 9:07 AM) Reply
Really, really nice! Your fabric with your serged finish gives a contemporary look without losing the glam from the original design.
kellyt said... (11/6/05 11:36 PM) Reply
Cute! Thanks for your review. I have had my eye on this pattern.
hettie-risinger said... (11/6/05 1:37 PM) Reply
I have made this wrap as well and you cannot make it in something too heavy. I made it in silk velvet and the drape was luxurious. I almost didn't want to take it off even though i was wearing a beautiful gown underneath.
PVA said... (11/6/05 10:51 AM) Reply
Sue, this is a real winner! I love the look & I'm certain it would work with many different kinds of fabric. Would even be great sitting & watching TV if the house seems a bit chilly! Thanks for the review.
PhyllisC said... (11/6/05 9:13 AM) Reply
I like it alot! - the proportions are perfect for you. The newset issue of Threads showcases this pattern, and I didn't think it looked that great - but now I've changed my mind after seeing yours. I don't think it looks like a poncho at all - this would look great over a matching jacket.. a version with thin mink trim along the bottom edge would also look really great.
GorgeousFabrics said... (11/6/05 6:59 AM) Reply
I like it! It's very au courant Your fabric is beautiful, and it looks lovely on you. -Ann
Liana said... (11/6/05 0:33 AM) Reply
Very nice. I was intrigued by the drawing of this, but couldn't quite decide if I liked the sleeve. It looks great on you, though, and I noticed they have a decorative pin holding some folds at the neck in the drawing. That might make some difference too. These are neat patterns, and you're doing quite an advertising job for them! You look great in this.
G_l_e_n_d_a said... (11/5/05 9:27 PM) Reply
I always like to hear creative ways other people 'fix' things, since it is an essential skill for me. Ziz-zagging together the slashed fabric was an interesting solution. Bravo!
SewTabby said... (11/5/05 8:08 PM) Reply
Positively smashing! I just ogled this pattern in the new issue of Threads. It's a cool pattern and I hope it keeps you warm and styling. Can't wait to see the new pic...
Mufffet said... (11/5/05 7:39 PM) Reply
WOW...nifty wrap. Hope to see an updated pic! As an "old R.N." I am wondering how you find the time to sew with a doctor's schedule, and I really think you are greatly talented.
drsue said... (11/5/05 6:33 PM) Reply
Well, duh! When I went to put away my pattern tracing I realized that I didn't cut out the front neck part!!! That's why there is too much fabric in the front. I resewed and now it's much better! Will post an upgraded pic later.
CarolynGM said... (11/5/05 5:09 PM) Reply
I think it's very, very attractive -- a great casual look. I can see why you would need to make the sleeve smaller though; it's still pretty roomy. Nice finish on the edges -- I didn't know there was such as thing as serger yarn.

Shapes Eleven Eleven Skirt Pattern