Online Sewing Class: Blueprints to Blue Jeans

Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 4675 (Unisex top,pants,socks,blanket)

Reviewed by:Mary Stiefer

About Mary Stieferstarstarstarstar
CO USA
Member since: 2/17/03
Posted on:11/6/05 6:13 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 5 people
mamakooz said... (11/8/05 6:16 AM) Reply
Nice top! Great review! It looks nice on you.
SouthernStitch said... (11/7/05 4:03 PM) Reply
You did a good job on that vee neck! I like the KS instructions for knit vee necks. I too thought the hem was lettuced.
ryan's mom said... (11/7/05 6:27 AM) Reply
I was quite impressed with your neckline--looks very professional in the pics and looks nice and flat. Great fit, great shirt. (I actually thought the hem was a serged lettuce-edged one until reading your review.)
PVA said... (11/6/05 11:23 PM) Reply
Mary, I think you've done a wonderful job on this top! The binding looks great & I'm sure you're going to find this shirt so comfortable, you'll be wearing it out of the house more & more. (Those dropped shoulders are not completely passe'. They're too comfortable!)
Leora said... (11/6/05 11:03 PM) Reply
The V looks great to me. Mine always bulk out and poke out too far...your binding looks perfect! Thanks for the bit of instructions, I'll mull that over a while.
Lori Sews said... (11/6/05 10:49 PM) Reply
Very nice. Looks very professional. :)
zeoplum said... (11/6/05 10:25 PM) Reply
I love this shirt! I especially love it more after seeing the close up. The colors are great. I'm still new so binding goes over my head but from what I can see in the pic, it looks very professional!
drsue said... (11/6/05 8:57 PM) Reply
The binding looks very professional, IMHO. The top is quite nice, actually.
Sherril Miller said... (11/6/05 8:37 PM) Reply
Yout t-shirt turned out nice. You should be smiling to have a success from a muslin.
Kerry O said... (11/6/05 7:33 PM) Reply
I think that's a very pretty top - maybe too nice for just a "stay at home lounging" top! It looks pretty and the v-neck looks great despite the instructions and odd way of finishing. I actually like the hemline - it looks a little like a lettuce edge or something. Gives it a feminine touch!

Merchant & Mills Top 64