Online Sewing Class: All About Linings

Pattern Reviews> Burda> 8292 (Coat)

Reviewed by:smallbod

About smallbodstar
NA UNITED KINGDOM
Member since: 6/30/05
Skill level:Beginner
Posted on:11/7/05 12:35 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people
See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket
Available for sale on PR: $8.96 $11.95 Pattern Details
Available for sale on PR: $8.96 $11.95 Pattern Details
licarritc said... (11/8/05 8:29 AM) Reply
Do you have any of the fabric left? I suggest sandwiching the coat, the collar, then the facing on top -all right sides together. You want the wrong side of the facing up. Sew everything together. Flip the facing into its correct position and under stitch to the SA. Then sew the back facing to the front facing. If this is the directions that you have I'm stuck but I find putting in a collar this way almost painless. I didn't make this up it is straight from a Burda WOF pattern that I did and I loved how easy it was!
kellyt said... (11/7/05 2:44 PM) Reply
It is too bad about the collar. The coat looks nice so far. I would not trash it. I would take the collar off and finish the neckline without it. Just use the facing for the neckline to clean finish the neck. Hope that makes sense. Thanks for the review. I thought this coat looked very cute.
sewcrazy52 said... (11/7/05 2:41 PM) Reply
Does anyone have sewing classes - or special interest courses; like after-hours classes? I find that helps when I am stuck.
smallbod said... (11/7/05 1:18 PM) Reply
redhead - i don't know anyone but I can ask around - thanks for the idea.
redhead said... (11/7/05 12:41 PM) Reply
Do you have someone, like an experienced sewist at a fabric store, who could consult with you on the neck? It seems a shame to not give it one more try as you really like the coat.

Favorite Things Little Lounge Around Pattern