Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 4698 (Jackets)

Viewed 1944 times
Reviewed by:Lori V

About Lori Vstarstarstarstar
Member since: 4/20/02
Posted on:11/8/05 11:46 PM
Last Updated:11/11/05 10:54 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 6 people    Very Helpful by 11 people
patsijean said... (1/25/06 1:15 PM) Reply
If you had not told us that the two-color styling of the jacket was out of necessity, I would never have guessed. The effect is stylish and looks planned. Don't tell anyone else.
cboots said... (11/16/05 10:28 PM) Reply
Just beautiful! Although the shape of the jacket is already really flattering, the two fabrics make it so much more interesting. She must love it.
GorgeousFabrics said... (11/16/05 2:55 PM) Reply
I love that pattern and I love your treatment of it! Deborah at Simplicity told us on our tour that they are coming out with more cup-sized patterns in the next catalogues. I can't wait! -Ann
yarnivore said... (11/16/05 2:46 PM) Reply
You did a very stylish job piecing those two fabrics -- I love the result! The bust cup sizing in such a fitted jacket sounds like a great idea.
Diane E said... (11/13/05 7:29 PM) Reply
Lori, this is just beautiful!! Lucky for me I have this pattern, and you have pushed me enough to make it. I am so inspired! Lucky dd!
Danvillegirl said... (11/13/05 6:22 AM) Reply
I really like what you did with this jacket and the fabric. Nice idea for me to copy.I am finishing my second jacket from this pattern. I really like the pattern. I know you will love a jacket for yourself.
Jennifer shaw said... (11/12/05 2:32 PM) Reply
Thanks for sharing your version of this incredible and gorgeous jacket! Thank you for a wonderful review. Quick question- did you base the sizing off of the high bust or the full bust? I am hoping for this to become my next project.
Rhoda K said... (11/12/05 1:07 PM) Reply
Beautiful jacket - will definitely check out Simplicity's patterns that have the bust adjustments. Great job and I know dd will just love it!
Peggy L said... (11/12/05 8:52 AM) Reply
Judging from all the reviews, this pattern must be a winner. I love your fabric combo - what a great idea. Lucky DD - sounds like it passed the DD test!!! Congratulations!
potter said... (11/12/05 6:17 AM) Reply
What a gem! Your use of both fabrics gives a very attractive result. Great review. TFS!
mm said... (11/11/05 10:57 PM) Reply
This is a cut above usual student wear. Lucky daughter.
Michelle T said... (11/11/05 9:53 AM) Reply
I have avoided Simplicity patterns for years. I did not like the fit, found the sizing for children to be way off and generally was unhappy with the results I got from them. However after seeing your review and learning that they now have bust cup sizing I will pick this one up to try. The jacket you made for your dd is wonderful I am sure she will love it.
ryan's mom said... (11/10/05 5:24 AM) Reply
Awesome-looking jacket and I love that fringe detail. I'm making this jacket too in the SNF class and think those different cup-size fronts are fantastic.
PixieCat said... (11/10/05 4:49 AM) Reply
Lovely jacket! The contrast collar is sharp!
gorgeous said... (11/9/05 6:36 PM) Reply
Your Dd will love it - mine did! I made it out of a light green linen (in July). I agree, the option of cup sizes was a time saver. I have it cut out/interfaced in a boucle for the colder weather. Your combination of the two fabrics is a great idea.
Sew4Fun said... (11/9/05 5:50 PM) Reply
Gorgeous jacket Lori! I have always liked this pattern but I had no idea it came with separate cup-sizes. I'll have to get it now. Thanks for the review.
SouthernStitch said... (11/9/05 2:22 PM) Reply
Oh you made this a and interesting jacket! Your DD should love this -- very nice.
MaryLynn in Long Beach said... (11/9/05 1:36 PM) Reply
Very nice!
jemgirlca said... (11/9/05 12:53 PM) Reply
I love this pattern, too and think your fabric combination looks fantastic!
Moxie said... (11/9/05 11:10 AM) Reply
Very nice jacket. I like how you have used the two fabrics together. DD should be pleased.
AndSewOn said... (11/9/05 10:56 AM) Reply
The black against the boucle is stunning. Necessity may have been the mother of invention, but what a terrific invention!
sew obsessed said... (11/9/05 10:35 AM) Reply
Beautiful. I'm sure even the pickyest of DD's would love this. Do post the fit test. I also have this pattern that I bought because of the inclusion of cup sizes. I'm anxious to hear how the dd cup size worked out. Michelle
G_l_e_n_d_a said... (11/9/05 10:22 AM) Reply
Wow - what can I say - this is just gorgeous. I appreciated the tip about the interfacing as I have some boucle I am hoping to sew.
Frogstitcher said... (11/9/05 9:44 AM) Reply
Very unique, pretty jacket. Much nicer than the pattern envelope picture.
GwenV said... (11/9/05 9:31 AM) Reply
Lovely jacket, and I really like the way the fringe shows against the contrasting fabric.
Patti B said... (11/9/05 8:27 AM) Reply
What a beautiful jacket. Your solution to not enough fabric is perfect and adds a great design element. If your DD doesn't like it, send it to me for my DD! ;-)
Stacy Sews said... (11/9/05 8:01 AM) Reply
Wow, that is a fantastic jacket. I've seen the pattern before but never invisioned something like this! Great job. I might have to look into trying this one out.
Debbie Cook said... (11/9/05 7:42 AM) Reply
Lori, Great jacket! I love the constrast accents -- very stylish and unique.
Lisette said... (11/9/05 7:32 AM) Reply
Stunning looking jacket! Your daughter will love it.
PegL said... (11/9/05 6:08 AM) Reply
Really pretty jacket! Your additions to the design are great! Your DD should be thrilled!
CarolynGM said... (11/9/05 5:51 AM) Reply
Great jacket. I admire your innovations in dealing with a fabric shortage. Sure hope your DD likes it.
jlg said... (11/9/05 5:27 AM) Reply
Very, very pretty.
2BSewing said... (11/9/05 5:19 AM) Reply
Wow! Love the jacket and the fabric combination. This sounds like a nice pattern to add to my stash...and I like the idea of the different pieces for different size cups. Please post the result of the fitting test. I'd be very interested. Thanks for a wonderful review.
bunz said... (11/9/05 3:19 AM) Reply
Love the way you combined the fabrics! Very slimming idea for some of us w a bit o' fluff!
Mary Stiefer said... (11/9/05 0:09 AM) Reply
Wow - very impressive.
PVA said... (11/9/05 0:07 AM) Reply
Beautiful result, thanks for the review. I certainly think your DD should just love it! She's a very lucky girl!

BurdaStyle Magazine 04-2008-116