Misses Sizes (Bust 30" - 44.5")] [Women's sizes (Bust 43" - 55")]">Fit the Tee to a T Online Sewing Class

Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 7977 (Capes)

Reviewed by:AndSewOn

About AndSewOn
WA USA
Member since: 5/26/04
Posted on:11/9/05 0:56 AM
Last Updated:1/29/06 3:53 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 8 people    Very Helpful by 9 people
ACB said... (12/19/06 8:04 PM) Reply
This is absolutely beautiful! I love it.
BeckyC said... (1/29/06 7:14 PM) Reply
Beautiful cape!
Laurie Lou said... (1/27/06 11:32 PM) Reply
Beautiful! Your cape will never go out of style. I was going through my mom's closet yessterday and came across a cape (Norwegian) that she got years (70's?) ago. It was so beautiful...I wore it today and I looked very current. Some fashions can be timeless and your cape is a true Classic!
Danvillegirl said... (11/13/05 6:23 AM) Reply
Lovely cape. Very helpful information you shared. Your first review was great. Keep on reviewing.
ryan's mom said... (11/10/05 5:26 AM) Reply
Beautiful cape!
PixieCat said... (11/10/05 4:57 AM) Reply
Your cape is gorgeous and you did such a beautiful job! I've been looking for something poncho-like but more sophisticated to make for my DS for Christmas. Here it is!
AndSewOn said... (11/9/05 3:13 PM) Reply
Linuxia, I measured the cape. With the button closure, it does overlap a little -- about 10 cm. The collar comes right to the front edge. But I don't see why you couldn't extend the front edges a little to create a slightly bigger overlap. I would think this would work because the front facings are separate. Then you would need to redraft the facings along the front edge to take into account the extension.
Diana M said... (11/9/05 1:56 PM) Reply
What everyone said! Stunning job, thanks to you this pattern is going on my wish list.
MaryLynn in Long Beach said... (11/9/05 1:35 PM) Reply
BEAUTIFUL cape and work. Great review. Thank you so much. This is the exact style (hood with sleeves) that i've been huntin for a raincoat. LOVE IT>
pterion said... (11/9/05 1:10 PM) Reply
What a beautiful (and warm-looking) cape! I love this. You did a great job on the cape and on the review.
Linuxia said... (11/9/05 11:36 AM) Reply
Wonderful review! I love capes and have made a few free-hand, but am wondering how to make one with front edges that overlap by about 20cm.
McKavity said... (11/9/05 10:55 AM) Reply
I love capes too. Great review and a lovely cape!
sew obsessed said... (11/9/05 10:39 AM) Reply
Wonderful cape and great first review. Michelle
PVA said... (11/9/05 9:32 AM) Reply
Thanks for your review -- the cape is lovely! I agree with your point about making it reversible & I love your plaid lining. I'm looking forward to more of your reviews!
Jennifer shaw said... (11/9/05 9:13 AM) Reply
Wow, what a gorgeous cape! I wish it was colder here in SF, because I am a cape wearer too! Thanks for your review.
beangirl said... (11/9/05 8:39 AM) Reply
well, while capes are actually not my favorite at any time (also ponchos... *shudder*), I absolutely LOVE your attitutde about wearing them. I think everyone should have things in their wardrobe that they can say "so there!" about. This is a lovely cape and looks like it's very well constructed (and nice and warm too). Great idea about making it reversable!
Mary Stiefer said... (11/9/05 8:04 AM) Reply
A well written review and a great looking cape.
Lisette said... (11/9/05 7:29 AM) Reply
Congratulations on your first review, it is well written with lots of info. Your cape is lovely, enjoy it.
Cornelia said... (11/9/05 6:07 AM) Reply
I don't know about the brains, but in addition to enthusiasm you certainly do have skill. Your cape is beautiful and your construction does justice to that gorgeous wool. Beautiful cape and a very nice review.
Geri Lynn said... (11/9/05 5:48 AM) Reply
Very nice looking! I like the way you think as far as things that aren't really the current style. I tend to be the same way, I wear what I like and not what others dictate. You did a great job on the cape and it looks real classy.
CarolynGM said... (11/9/05 5:39 AM) Reply
Great first review. I don't think your cape will ever go out of style. It is lovely. Thanks for the details on the techniques you used. Please keep writing reviews.

McCall's 6507 OOP