Online Sewing Class: Clone Your Favorite Garment

Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> OOP 7454 (Long Dress)

Reviewed by:SewVeryTall

About SewVeryTallstarstarstarstar
NE USA
Member since: 3/2/04
Posted on:11/13/05 6:51 AM
Last Updated:11/13/05 6:51 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 5 people
PVA said... (12/5/05 10:18 AM) Reply
Thanks for this review! I love your dress. Oh, how I wish I had saved all those patterns! Alas, they only exist in my memories. (& that's a sometimes-thing, at best!)
Oopsy-Daisy! said... (11/14/05 1:34 PM) Reply
Hey, I still have my prom dress pattern! Butterick Designer Gil Aimbez. It was a 2 piece top/skirt. In fact, it's still in DD's closet. Those 70's patterns are great! And as I knocked the box off the shelf and spilled this pattern and others, I felt like I was meeting long lost "friends"
SewVeryTall said... (11/14/05 5:46 AM) Reply
Thank you all for the nice comments! Jill and Bunz...it's so cool that you remember this pattern [and Bunz still has it!]. Thaiyal...I was actually expecting someone to comment that this pattern was as old, or older than them, lol. I have to add...when I put this pattern back in its envelope, I still fold it up on its original fold lines [maybe that's why it's lasted so long? ...well that AND scotch tape!].
ryan's mom said... (11/14/05 5:42 AM) Reply
Lovely dress. Great style, especially with those halter straps crisscrossing in the back. So many of these styles today seem to be knotting at the neck or center back which can be quite a pain when sitting.
thaiyal said... (11/13/05 11:37 AM) Reply
Oh my! You bought this pattern on the same year I was born. It amazes me to see that you've kept it so safe all these years. It is a beautiful dress.
drsue said... (11/13/05 10:20 AM) Reply
Loved your review! some designs are classics and this is clearly one of them.
Mary Stiefer said... (11/13/05 10:17 AM) Reply
You have really made this pattern pay off. What a great looking dress. You've been very busy sewing.
bunz said... (11/13/05 9:32 AM) Reply
I still have this one too, Ardis!! You must be very warm-blooded for a long poly-cotton to be sufficient in the winter. (Maybe you've got red long johns on underneath:-) Love the fabric.
Jill Giard said... (11/13/05 8:35 AM) Reply
I can't believe it! This was one of my favorites for a long time - wore it for high school graduation (1978) and later made it as a maternity dress. My pattern is long gone :( Thanks for the review and the walk down memory lane.
Lori Sews said... (11/13/05 8:25 AM) Reply
Looks very comfortable. I am impressed you kept this pattern for so long. Knowing me it would have been ruined or lost by now! :) I love the fabric.
Nickle said... (11/13/05 7:37 AM) Reply
Very pretty dress- looks comfy. I like the fabric and the front facing stitched to the front side tip.

Sewing Facings and Developing Facing Patterns