Pattern Reviews> Loes Hinse Designs> 5113 (Tuxedo Jacket)

Viewed 2026 times
Reviewed by:Peggy L

About Peggy Lstarstarstar
TN USA
Member since: 4/8/02
Posted on:11/13/05 12:39 PM
Last Updated:11/13/05 1:08 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 5 people    Very Helpful by 14 people
See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket
AnneM said... (9/10/07 7:59 AM) Reply
Oooh, I'm glad you fixed the pictures. That is beautiful.
AnneM said... (9/9/07 5:58 PM) Reply
Your picture links are now defunct. I plan to make this shortly, and will keep the collar info in mind.
Liane M said... (1/22/06 1:21 PM) Reply
Peggy.. Love the review and your jacket. I bought this fabric yesterday at Textile Fabrics. I have wanted it every since I first read your review. How did you pretreat the fabric? I'm making Louise Cutting's By Popular Demand and hope to wash it.
Karla Kizer said... (11/15/05 7:12 PM) Reply
Peggy, I love your jacket - very Chico's (my shorthand for wearable, attractive, practical but elegant.) The fabric is really great.
sprKathleen said... (11/14/05 6:45 PM) Reply
Peggy, congratulations on a beautiful job! I loved the snf class, too. Hope to post my review soon (got to finish sewing first). The beautiful photos make me want to try this pattern with snf.
Peggy L said... (11/14/05 12:10 PM) Reply
Lalana - I added to the width of the collar. When you get your pattern, you will see the part that folds down behind your neck is very narrow. I used one of the thicker fabrics listed is why I added to it. Glenda - FBA is 'full bust adjustment". This pattern is drafted for a "B" and I am a D. Thanks for the nice comments! This was a fun jacket to make.
Glenda of CO said... (11/14/05 11:10 AM) Reply
Cute jacket. But what is FBA?
Moxie said... (11/14/05 9:45 AM) Reply
Very nice jacket. I like how you did the lining and bound the edges. It looks very professional.
SuzanM said... (11/14/05 8:33 AM) Reply
Beautiful jacket. I was in the class too and just finished my jacket (review to be posted soon). Just looked at your other reviews - you have some lovely fabrics in your stash.
Lalena said... (11/14/05 7:05 AM) Reply
Peggy: Your jacket looks lovely. I took the snf class too, but have a few more steps to finish. I was planning to use the Tuxedo jacket for my next project, so I enjoyed your review. I too like LH patterns, but hate unlined jackets, so snf is a great solution. When you say you added to the collar, you mean width, right?
PegL said... (11/13/05 8:39 PM) Reply
Your jacket is gorgeous! I'm convinced! I have to take Shannon's jacket class....as soon as I complete her muslin fit class! First things first!
jlg said... (11/13/05 7:03 PM) Reply
Great looking jacket. I really like this fabric with it.
eleda said... (11/13/05 6:36 PM) Reply
Peggy, your jacket is beautiful. You did a wonderful job. I am still working on mine.
Peggy L said... (11/13/05 6:07 PM) Reply
Thanks everyone. Yes, I loved this class. I should have explained SNF - it is a method of lining a jacket as you go rather than inserting a whole separate lining. Lots of us just finished a class Shannon Gifford taught. I'm waiting to see all the other jackets!
Modiste Madness said... (11/13/05 5:48 PM) Reply
Simple but elegant jacket. It is going to look great for many different kinds of occasions. I have been considering this one; I may have to give in.
Danvillegirl said... (11/13/05 5:22 PM) Reply
I am glad to see your jacket from SNF. I am still working on mine. Your jacket looks great. This jacket is my next planned one and I plan to use the SNF method as you did. Thanks for showing the binding.
TarheelSewer said... (11/13/05 5:12 PM) Reply
Peggy, you did a great job with your jacket. Wasn't the class great? Based on your review, the Tuxedo Jacket is going to be my next snf jacket. Congratulations on a great jacket!
ktsews2 said... (11/13/05 4:37 PM) Reply
Peggy, I made the same jacket in Shannon's class. Your fabric is lovely and the technique is great! I haven'nt mastered the computer-photo thing so I can't post my picture. I need a class in that. LOL
CarolynGM said... (11/13/05 4:19 PM) Reply
Thanks for your review of this jacket, Peggy. Sounds like I really need to find out more about the stitch and flip technique. Your jacket looks wonderful, inside and out.
Patti B said... (11/13/05 2:36 PM) Reply
Lovely jacket and the inside looks great too. Congrats for the first review from this class -- is there a prize? ;-) Hope to finish my SNF jacket soon!
Nickle said... (11/13/05 2:13 PM) Reply
Love the style of your jacket and the fabric.
PVA said... (11/13/05 1:41 PM) Reply
Thanks for this review, Peggy. Your jacket is beautiful! Like you, I really love the SNF technique for jackets & am planning to make another as soon as I finish the black pants I'm working on. Gotta get those done, need them really bad!
bunz said... (11/13/05 1:33 PM) Reply
Wowza! Terrific jacket. That technique is great, isn't it?
Tiner W said... (11/13/05 1:20 PM) Reply
It's beautiful!
CatherineN said... (11/13/05 1:07 PM) Reply
Pretty jacket. Your choice of fabric makes a cosy looking garment.
Lori Sews said... (11/13/05 12:52 PM) Reply
Peggy, your jacket is beautiful! The fabric and style is so attractive. Congrats for finishing your jacket. I loved the class. My review is soon to come. :)

Other Dressmaking with Liberty