Online Sewing Class: Blueprints to Blue Jeans

Member since: 11/9/05
Posted on:11/21/05 7:19 AM
Last Updated:11/16/05 9:58 PM

LorelleD said... (11/21/05 4:06 PM) Reply
You wrote a terrific review and you made a beautiful gown for your daughter.
Georgene said... (11/19/05 8:52 PM) Reply
I am NOT showing this review to my DD! Egads! What if she wanted something similar? You did a great job, *both* of you.
kwpanthermom said... (11/19/05 8:31 PM) Reply
To Valoir: I just found your review for your wedding gown...it's GORGEOUS! I have that pattern in my stash and have wanted to try it. (I have attempted the other view and it was an utter mess.) I think your gown fits you so beautifully. I love the brooches and the back drape and godet...stunning modifications!
Valoir said... (11/18/05 10:21 AM) Reply
Beautiful dress. It reminds me of my wedding gown (modified vogue 7387) I made this year. Working with the slippery fabric and on the bias required 4 muslins - I wish my mom had offered to sew it for me. Your daughter is so lucky.
Anne Frances said... (11/18/05 4:12 AM) Reply
Stunning - haute couture oscar winning red carpet stunning! Congratulations
els said... (11/17/05 5:09 PM) Reply
Thanks for sharing your adventures how you made this gorgeous prom dress, your daughter looks stunning. I am looking forward to see the next prom dress you are going to make from the “ombre silk”
casken said... (11/17/05 1:38 PM) Reply
Drop dead gorgeous! Lucky girl!
kwpanthermom said... (11/17/05 1:11 PM) Reply
Thank you all for your kind comments! Babepaley, thank you for your suggestion about evadress.com...I just recently was sent this site by a friend and enjoy looking at it. Yes, lots of memories making this dress...the drawings, the muslins, the frustration and tears...plenty of laughs, too, thank goodness, or we wouldn't be planning this year's Prom dress right now...
GwenV said... (11/17/05 10:31 AM) Reply
Informative review, stunning results. Thank you for sharing.
GorgeousFabrics said... (11/17/05 9:23 AM) Reply
What a great review! Thanks for all the detail. Your daughter looks lovely, and your work is just breathtaking! -Ann
Mufffet said... (11/17/05 9:17 AM) Reply
AWESOME job. Lovely gal in a lovely dress. What a Mom you are. It is great that you and your daughter have this relationship. My Mom made my prom dress so many years ago. It is a good memory.
PhyllisC said... (11/17/05 9:16 AM) Reply
Now THIS is a stunning piece of work and a true inspiration! NO ripples on the bias stitching ! - wow wow wow. Masterful, beautiful and drop dead grogeous.
MB at YarnUiPhoneApp said... (11/17/05 8:59 AM) Reply
You might want to pick Alexandra's brain at evadress.com for more advice about sewing on the bias. She does some stunning 30s-style gowns. Here's an exquisite example:http://www.evadress.com/Bride.html btw, congrats on the gown. You not only made a dress you made memories, which is even more special. I hope you documented your journey!
debbie.w said... (11/17/05 8:29 AM) Reply
Gorgeous. Your daughter is a lucky girl and looks very sophisticated in her dress.
milwaukee_kelly said... (11/17/05 7:55 AM) Reply
That is one beautiful gown! The results look to be very much worth all the effort.
mamakooz said... (11/17/05 7:46 AM) Reply
Beautiful!! You did a wonderful thing for your dd.
Ceri590 said... (11/17/05 7:32 AM) Reply
Truly amazing. What an incredibel design saga. Thank you for all the detail!
thaiyal said... (11/17/05 7:29 AM) Reply
Wow! That IS stunning!
Kerry O said... (11/17/05 7:25 AM) Reply
Wow, what a gorgeous dress! Your daughter is very lucky to have such a talented and caring mom. It's beautiful and I am soooo impressed with your review!
Gigi Louis said... (11/17/05 7:07 AM) Reply
Stunning!
JDpenelope said... (11/17/05 6:05 AM) Reply
What a saga and what a dress. Your daughter looks like a shining Hollywood star.
ClaireC said... (11/17/05 6:02 AM) Reply
Wos! Leary of working in bias after making a close-fitting silk charmeuse dress? Honey, you have made it to the land of advanced sewing and beyond. Stunning dress and thank you for the detailed review.
Danvillegirl said... (11/17/05 5:38 AM) Reply
Truly gorgeous creation!
Nickle said... (11/17/05 5:31 AM) Reply
Absolutely gorgeous. Love the fabric.
noreend said... (11/17/05 4:57 AM) Reply
Spectacular design and exectuion!
KathleenS said... (11/17/05 4:27 AM) Reply
That is gorgeous! Thanks for all the details too.
Mel.J said... (11/17/05 3:41 AM) Reply
Gorgeous! You & your daughter should collaborate & send in some designs to Burda mag :)
pharmercoon said... (11/17/05 3:37 AM) Reply
WOW-Beautiful...and oh to have my high school body again! Kay
smallbod said... (11/17/05 3:08 AM) Reply
beautiful dress - truly a labour of love. thank you for sharing your design journey - fascinating.
Maychi said... (11/17/05 3:06 AM) Reply
Stunning! Very glamurous!
nibs'n'needles said... (11/17/05 2:03 AM) Reply
Gorgeous and inspiring!
ladybegood said... (11/17/05 1:17 AM) Reply
I am in awe... Thank you for the detailed review. I didn't understand half of what I was reading (my ignorance; not your writing), but I was enthralled all the same. I can't wait until next prom!
goodworks1 said... (11/17/05 1:05 AM) Reply
Wow! That's a great dress! The interesting thing about charmeuse is that it is SO drapey by itself (straight grain) that it positively slithers when it's on bias. I learned the hard way with a bias-cut blouse for a full-busted friend about 30 years ago. Yikes! :D
Liana said... (11/17/05 0:52 AM) Reply
Great dress! What a lucky daughter, and how nice that you can work together and come up with something so perfect. Love the color, too.
sewing girl said... (11/17/05 0:17 AM) Reply
This dress should be in a fashion magazine! Elegant, unique - just beautiful. Excellent job - you both should be proud.
Mlle Laura said... (11/17/05 0:09 AM) Reply
Absolutely beautiful!
PVA said... (11/17/05 0:03 AM) Reply
This is just drop-dead-gorgeous! What a beautiful work of art! Your DD is a very lucky girl, thank you so much for sharing such a wonderful adventure with her & thanks for the incredible review!
Eli said... (11/17/05 0:00 AM) Reply
Jeez.... That IS STUNNING! I love the retro look and the cups and the back strapping is just what I would have wished for if I had someone to make my prom gown 12 years ago.
Mary Stiefer said... (11/16/05 10:53 PM) Reply
This is something we all strive for - a unique design all our own. Stunning.
Leslie in Austin said... (11/16/05 10:49 PM) Reply
D-a-a-a-n-g. That's amazing. Where do I place my order?
sue77 said... (11/16/05 10:21 PM) Reply
Very hollywood glamour, gorgous unique design. I could easily see this one an actress on a red carpet.
sew obsessed said... (11/16/05 10:07 PM) Reply
Tres chic. The dress is gorgeous. Truely a labor of love.
MaryLynn in Long Beach said... (11/16/05 9:47 PM) Reply
Stunning gown and great review!

by: Jonni Ange...